Sr. Product Manager – Ad Platform Commercialization
Santa Monica, California, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 773422BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 02, 2021
Job Summary:DMED Ad Platforms is responsible for delivering global adverting technology solutions for Disney’s Linear and Addressable channels, brands and streaming services. With unmatched scale, premium content and innovative capabilities, DMED Ad Platforms is a market leader in advertising. We build and maintain proprietary technology, ranging from ad serving and ad delivery, campaign management, reporting as well as all the integrations internal and external that come with evolving and maintaining a best-in-class video advertising business.
As a Senior Product Manager, Commercialization within the Ad Platform technology team at DMED, you will be a part of the team tasked redefining TV advertising. You will be responsible for driving product strategy, establishing product narratives, ensuring product-market fit, and GTM planning and execution. The right person for this role can identify business value, solve complex problems, and concisely articulate technical and non-technical concepts to a variety of stakeholders. If you are someone who can drive strategy, create data driven plans, and brings a passion for building the future of advertising technology, at a fast pace, this is a great role for you.
- Drive unified commercialization efforts across DMED’s Linear and Digital offerings
- Create marketplace narratives that include clear benefit descriptions and value propositions for each solution area
- Establish solution-centric Go-to-Market frameworks and partner cross-functionally with Sales Enablement and Product Marketing to drive institutional knowledge and preparedness for releases, enhancements, and successes
- Collect and synthesize market feedback to drive feedback loops into the Product Team for product iteration and prioritization
- Drive the creation and maintenance of product documentation including product overviews, FAQs, roadmaps, etc.
- Own the development and reporting of product-level objectives & key results (OKRs) to identify and quantify product-level impact on business value
- Partner with Product Management to establish data-driven KPIs at each product development phase
- Create and distribute product announcements including milestone achievements, launch announcements, and on-going updates
- Monitor and report on competitive activates and marketplace shifts
- Advocate for and champion your solution within the larger DMED organization
- Bachelors Degree in business, or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of the Linear TV space and core trends
- 7+ years of experience in product management, preferably in digital video & advertising technology.
- Exposure to and understanding of Linear TV advertising technology a plus.
- Maintains a deep empathy for our users, and wants to creatively solve problems with a viewer-first mentality
- Have a do what it takes attitude. Be flexible, adaptable and a team-player first
- Experience maintaining and launching multiple products
- Strong analytical skills and passionate about answering questions with data
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.