Sr. Product Manager, Content ExperienceApply NowApply Later Job ID 840100BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Oct. 15, 2021
We are seeking an enthusiastic team member for the position of Senior Product Manager, Content Experience, reporting to the Director of Product Management, Content Experience for the Disney+ in [Los Angeles/Santa Monica],[San Francisco] [New York City]. This individual will collaborate cross-functionally with other product teams from HULU/ESPN+/Star+, engineering, design, marketing, data science, platform and media delivery teams to understand how to increase overall content consumption and allow subscribers to dive deeper into our rich experiences across Disney, PIXAR, Star Wars, MARVEL and Star.
Responsibilities:CORE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You are outcome based, participate with teams toward those outcomes, and drive cross- functional teams through hypothesis driven discipline.
- You think about the strategic business goals of Disney and you work to ensure your team’s resources are being spent in ways that align with those goals.
- You are technical, can design, can interpret data, understand engagement nuances, and can propose high-yield bets to drive and exceed goals.
- You will drive features and hypotheses that make Disney+ more engaging for our subscribers
- Your focus is on the art and science of product management, the process to make it effective, to make it efficient, reliable and mindful of Disney, your team and our subscribers.
- You are able to motivate your team to sprint towards aggressive goals in ways that engenders excitement and ownership.
- You establish a team charter and team tenets as a ‘north star’ for your team.
- You identify, gather, and drive consensus among all required groups across the company when trying to accomplish larger goals. You resolve blockers in other teams to move forward.
- You directly execute initiatives toward engagement and retention related outcomes.
- You work cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders to drive alignment and consensus toward mutual goals/outcomes.
- You collaborate well and often with other Disney teammates.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience building products for millions of subscribers, ideally in a subscription video service.
- Minimum 3 years working with a team of engineers, designers and other cross-functional team, focused on outcome-based deliverables in the engagement area.
- Experience in hypothesis driven outcomes, using data and research to help inform.
- Comfortable in fast changing environment, with frequently changing demands, building and managing relationships with cross-functional stakeholders and circumstances.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Expertise leading teams towards business goals.
- Effective leadership capabilities, and ability to motivate a team.
- Ability to balance technical and business issues.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and business experts.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.