Sr. Product Manager, Data-Driven Advertising
Santa Monica, California, United States / New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 824034BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 24, 2022
Job Summary:DMED Ad Platforms is responsible for delivering global adverting technology solutions for Disney’s Linear and Addressable channels, brands and streaming services. With unmatched scale, premium content and innovative capabilities, DMED Ad Platforms is a market leader in advertising. We build and maintain proprietary technology, ranging from ad serving and ad delivery, campaign management, reporting as well as all the integrations internal and external that come with evolving and maintaining a best-in-class video advertising business.
As a Sr. Product Manager within the Ad Platform technology team at DMED, you will be a part of the team redefining TV advertising. You will be responsible for establishing product strategy, defining requirements consumable for engineering and driving execution to establish the platform’s future in the areas of Data Driven Linear (DDL) and Linear Addressable Advertising. The right person for this role can identify business value, solve complex problems, concisely articulate solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders and ultimately drive results. If you are someone who can drive strategy, create data driven experiences and brings a passion for building the future of advertising technology, at a fast pace, this is a great role for you.
- Define the product vison, strategy, and roadmap for developing data driven optimization and enabling linear addressable capabilities within the Disney Ad Platforms organization.
- Partner with Peer product Managers, Data Scientists, Engineering, Quality Assurance and Program Management to create audience-based buying capabilities including audience segment building, optimization, stewardship and reporting.
- Elicit, analyze, document, and organize requirements and KPI’s into a clear, concise, and actionable product backlog that delivers prioritized incremental business value throughout its lifecycle.
- Provide product oversight to ensure consistent product experience of user controls, data definitions, business logic, and product aesthetics.
- Evaluate and recommend product innovations and enhancements that drive business value and maximize the ROI for the product(s) you manage.
- Responsible for coordinating User Acceptance Testing, and defining and executing product release strategies with end users, technology leads, and fellow product managers.
- Enumerate and identify clear business KPIs, for setting annualized objectives and partnering with GTM and Financial Planning teams to meet the business and product goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in product management, preferably in creating ad products to serve digital, TV and cross platform marketplace.
- Strong knowledge of advanced advertising products and services, data driven optimization, audience based buying and linear addressable advertising.
- Strong knowledge of the evolving US advertising ecosystem including economics of TV, ad tech, and data providers.
- Has a good understanding of media advertising business and is comfortable in media research terminology.
- Has ability to prioritize and organize product requirements effectively.
- Strong analytical skills and passionate about answering questions with data.
- Effectively communicates complex information with both internal and external contacts at a variety of organizational levels.
- Maintains a deep empathy for business users, and wants to creatively solve problems with a user-first mentality
- Be flexible, adaptable and a team-player first
- Experience shipping multiple products in an agile software development environment
- Proven understanding of systems architecture, design, and implementation
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.