Sr Product Manager II - Lifecycle Marketing SolutionsApply NowApply Later Job ID 959618BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Apr. 13, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
The Data Product Management, Marketing Solutions team is seeking a skilled and experienced Senior Product Manager (II) to help define the vision for cutting-edge, data-driven marketing solutions for Disney’s Streaming businesses including Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu, and Star+. If you have experience with marketing automation, data management/customer data platforms (DMP/CDP), journey management, campaign reporting, or the underlying data systems supporting marketing/digital advertising tools this may be an interesting role for you!
At Disney Streaming, data is central to powering and measuring all aspects of the business. Data is critical to operations, customer engagement, growth, and retention. The Senior Product Manager (II), Marketing Solutions will lead product development efforts to create innovative new data capabilities by collaborating cross-functionally with a diverse array of individuals and teams throughout Disney Streaming including data, engineering, design, and product. You will partner closely with leaders in data science, analytics, and lifecycle marketing to develop data solutions that allow us to engage with our customers in creative ways to encourage product adoption and retention.
- Define the vision and strategy for data-driven marketing solutions
- Develop business and technical product requirements, engineering roadmaps, delivery plans, and enable stakeholders with new product capabilities
- Establish strong relationships and partnerships with business stakeholders and collaborators
- Develop detailed user stories with user scenarios, acceptance criteria, and success measures
- Develop creative solutions to business challenges and transform them into product plans
- Partner with Analytics, Data Science, UX, Data Engineering, Data Architecture and Program Management teams to develop, test, and deliver high quality products and features that meet end users' and internal business' needs
- Lead and collaborate on all business readiness activities including product testing, end user education, rollout, iteration, and support
- Coordinate the adoption of new features and capabilities across the organization
- Focus on major areas of work, typically 20% or more of role
- Define the vision and strategy of data products and capabilities aligned to overall organizational and business objectives
- Develop business requirements to build both high-level roadmaps and detailed delivery plans
- Develop detailed user stories with user scenarios, acceptance criteria, and success measures.
- Partner with Analytics, Data Science, UX, Data Engineering, Data Architecture and Program Management teams to develop, test, and deliver high quality products and features.
- Establish positive relationships with business teams across Disney
- 5+ years in product management or similar technical experience building/managing and delivering successful technology products, services, and capabilities
- Planning acumen and proven ability to break down complex projects into achievable and functional iterations, using agile methodology to continuously deliver while driving to product maturity
- Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and balance competing priorities and make decisions in ambiguous situations
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis and quantitative analysis techniques
- Strong leadership skill especially the ability to lead through influence across functional and organizational lines
- Passion, excitement, and curiosity for marketing technology and data
- Ability to thrive, collaborate, and build great relationships in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where change is the norm
- Experience presenting to and working with senior leaders
- Knowledge and experience using agile and Scrum in product development
- Experience with delivering large scale enterprise applications using big data open-source solutions such as AWS, HBase, Spark, Kafka and Elastic Search / Solr
- Knowledge of SQL and one or more of these DB’s - Oracle, MySQL, Teradata
- Experience or knowledge of No-SQL - DB’s - Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, Couchbase
- Experience with Tableau or other visualization tools
- Experience with data warehousing and data science tools (Snowflake, DataBricks, etc)
- Industry experience in video streaming and OTT
- Undergraduate Degree in a technical field or related business experience
- Advance CS degree or MBA is a plus
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.