Sr Product Manager IIApply NowApply Later Job ID 10012011 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 19, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
This role will focus on products which will primarily be used by data engineers – a world-class data pipelines as a service covering streaming as well as batch use cases.
The primary product management duty will be to oversee high load data capturing services and data pipelines that bring instrumentation and user activity data from our streaming services into our data platform, servicing a diverse group of stakeholders across DMED including product and technology, data science, analytics, among others. Your will be the connective tissue between the streaming platform to data product teams, ensuring your product offerings are robust, scalable, secure, schema-agnostic and integrate well with the rest of our ecosystem.
You will understand your customers and their end-to-end needs and based on market analysis, create a product strategy to satisfy the customers’ requirements. You should be familiar with modern data architectures, high load data pipelines and Agile product development practices.
You also must be an analytical, articulate, and business-minded, capable of maneuvering roadblocks, executing tactically and communicating effectively to stakeholders at peer levels throughout the course of a product lifecycle.
- Define the vision, strategy, and roadmaps for data capture products in close collaboration with other product managers, architects and engineering leads
- Prioritize the work taking into account value identification, cost savings and progress against the broader business strategy
- Work with stakeholders to develop product requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria and success metrics
- Participate in Agile ceremonies (daily standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, demos, backlog refinement) as Product Owner
- Partner with program management to oversee roadmap execution, identify delivery risks and resolve key blockers
- Partner with engineering and program management to define and improve service level objectives and production support processes
- Maintain customer-facing product documentation
- Champion a collaborative work environment that cultivates shared understanding, transparency, autonomy, innovation, and continuous learning
- 8+ years of experience in data or software product management, platform development, data technology, analytics and/or consulting in a related field
- Must have familiarity with big data (Hadoop, Spark, Flink, etc.) and cloud technologies (preferably AWS)
- Demonstrated ability to manage requirements in highly technical domain
- Familiarity with data ingestion APIs, data sharing technologies, data warehouse infrastructure (Snowflake, Redshift, etc.) and development practices
- Demonstrated experience with running complex developments across a matrixed organization and managing engineering relationships
- Must be a self-starter and able to work in a fast-moving environment
Bachelor’s Degree required.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.