Sr. Product Manager, Strategic Planning + Analysis - Content LifecycleApply NowApply Later Job ID 897469BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
We seek an enthusiastic and experienced Sr. Product Manager to join our Strategic Planning and Analysis team to define a cohesive strategic approach for the content lifecycle across our portfolio products. Reporting to the team lead for Strategic Planning and Analysis in Los Angeles and part of the Global Product Strategy team, the job location is Los Angeles or New York.
In this role, your mission is to identify how we can launch content successfully without incurring additional operational and technical debt. Working with a wide array of cross-functional teams from operations to marketing to product to engineering and beyond, you’ll work to define workflows, own communications, manage stakeholders, and escalate/mitigate risks.
Given that our content lifecycle involves teams across Disney Media Entertainment and Distribution, the Walt Disney Company Studios, and even teams external to TWDC, you will need to deftly address blockers throughout the marketing and content lifecycle and work with product, project, and program management functions to deliver against program goals.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, resourceful, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. The ideal candidate makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product and technology leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop opportunities across the content lifecycle — across our portfolio
- Identify mechanisms to bolster synergy across our business units by delivering cohesive marketing messaging
- Define workflows that scale for a variety of use cases — all with a keen eye on delivering best-in-class end-user experiences
- Work to make content launches more efficient by managing stakeholders and mitigating risks
- Take a data driven approach to constantly improve our products and services – devise measurement and reporting frameworks and processes to communicate status to neighbors and stakeholders, as appropriate to each
- Successfully achieve organizational objectives, managing through challenges
- You have experience working in a program/project management or consulting role
- You have a demonstrated ability to use data to drive decisions and back up assumptions and recommendations
- You have a demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks
- You have a demonstrated ability to work with operational teams to build out and discuss workflows, identify and mitigate inefficiencies, and evaluate new ideas
- You are a demonstrated self-starter
- You provide strong strategic aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making
- You obsess about making our end-users happy and have strong opinions about good customer experience
- You bring a strong attention to detail, with an ability to take a step back and understand the bigger picture
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You are scrappy and resourceful, with no fear of getting your hands dirty and an impulse to be the first to tackle any challenge
- If you’ve previously worked in consulting or finance— especially with a focus in content operations, supply chain, or logistics, that’s an added bonus
- You have an understanding of the content lifecycle, content rights/licenses, and the media ecosystem
- You have experience building, implementing, and managing workflow across complex sets of teams
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Master's Degree or MBA
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.