Sr Program Mgr
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID ojUqffwC Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted May. 20, 2021
Disney Streaming (Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, Star+) is looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to join our Growth Life billing team. This role requires acute attention to detail, a strong sense of accountability, teamwork, technical understanding, and experience handling cross-workstream technology initiatives. In this role you will directly contribute to the success of our products by holding regular planning sessions, handling partners, outlining strategic projects, and running projects directly with engineers and other technical project managers across Disney Streaming Services.
Your team is responsible for billing customers during sign-ups for Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. Eventually when the customer is billed in subsequent months/years. We sit in between the front-end team and the Payment team which integrates directly with payment processors. You also work closely with the Subscription team which runs customer entitlements.
We are a fast-paced and fast-growing team, where you will have influence over the services and tools built by the team. You will also have an opportunity to learn about the international landscape and challenges in the area of billing, payments, subscriptions, offers, and promotions as our streaming services launch around the world over the next few years.
What you’ll do
- Lead billing team projects end-end from concept to completion
- Build positive relationships with billing engineering teams; running multiple concurrent projects with separate partners simultaneously
- Write key project artifacts, outlining technical specifications, roadmaps, objectives, breakthroughs, and blockers
- Aid in prioritization of required engineering work for high visibility initiatives and projects
- Accurately forecast risks and mitigating exposure to accomplishing projects
- Assist teams in story writing, backlog maintenance, prioritization, and planning
- Develop strategic plans and decks oriented to deliver overall technology project goals to all partners
- Identify and resolve roadblocks that could delay project results
- Facilitate planning events and meetings for teams
What to bring
- Experience as a Project Manager, Project Manager, or Scrum Master for a software development team
- Demonstrated ability with Agile project management in a hands-on role
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and growing transparency
- Technical knowledge of architecture and development practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.