Sr Security Engineer
Santa Monica, California, United States / New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 931254BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 14, 2022
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance and protect these exciting experiences.
The Global Information Security (GIS) group provides services and solutions to protect the value and use of Disney’s information through risk evaluation, collaboration, standardization, enforcement, and education across the enterprise. We protect the brand and reputation while enabling and supporting business objectives.
In order to ensure that our services keep TWDC secure, we follow an ongoing, iterative process, including continued reevaluation of our services over time to address emerging threats as well as changes in business and technology. This process includes:
1. Analysis of known and emerging threats to determine risks against TWDC assets
2. Creation, maintenance, governance and communication of security policies and standards across TWDC
3. Assessment and audit of compliance against the security policies and standards
4. Assurance that TWDC assets are effectively managed and monitored to meet TWDC security criteria
We look add people to our team who are focused on delivery, prioritize data-driven decisions over opinions, are
continuous learners, passionate about information security and love their work.
Disney Streaming Services (DSS) Information Security team’s mission is to protect services, data, and technology assets of the organization, partners, and cast members. In concert with Disney’s Global Information Security group, the DSS team works on initiatives that prevent, detect, and respond to malicious activity. Risk and threat assessment, incident response, security architecture, vulnerability management, governance and compliance, security awareness and training, security operations, among many other efforts make up the information security program. Our teams are located in New York, New York & Santa Monica, CA - and we will consider either location for this role.
Responsibilities:Disney Streaming’s Security Engineering team provides engineering and tooling support for the Information Security team, Product teams, and Operations teams. The team builds applications and automations, manages infrastructure, and directly supports Information Security operations initiatives for Disney Streaming and the wider Walt Disney Company’s Global Information Security (GIS) team. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborating daily with Security Operations to build, maintain, update, and refine tools and procedures to improve the security posture of Disney Streaming
- Developing scalable automation strategies to assist external teams within Disney Streaming to secure systems and product, monitor operations, and investigate/remediate security related events and incidents
- Managing, maintaining, documenting, and improving Information Security tools and their operation within the Disney Streaming environment
- Researching and introducing technologies and procedures to assist and improve the Disney Streaming information security posture
- Collaborating closely with partner teams to understand security needs and dependencies, and assist those teams in meeting security goals
- Following secure coding and review practices for code development and configuration deployment
- Developing and maintaining sandbox/testing/deployment code branches and environments for security code and tooling
- Assisting with Incident Response as an escalation resource and subject matter expert
- Establishing and implementing procedures for protecting physical, digital, and media assets; safeguard accounts and access for users and data within the network and Disney Streaming assets; and protect customer accounts and data
- 3-5 years’ experience in the Information Security field
- Proficient in object-oriented design and familiarity with Python or Java programming languages
- Knowledge and familiarity with infrastructure-as-code products and principles, and its implementation with cloud environments
- Experience working with version control software (E.g., GitHub) and issue/project tracking software (E.g., Jira)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (E.g., whiteboarding/diagramming system behavior, documenting playbooks, writing incident reports)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.