Sr Software Engineer - Ad Applications
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 873996BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 21, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales advertising, data and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company’s content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company’s streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+Hotstar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
The DMED Ad Platform integrates with thousands of advertisers, with over a billion ads served per month. Before being served to a viewer, each one of these ads goes through a sophisticated workflow involving sales and planning, targeting, trafficking, and quality control, to deliver maximum value to our advertisers while maintaining an engaging experience for viewers.
The Ad Applications team is where we develop the tools our advertising and other business partners use to configure rules related to advertiser and content partners that decide (among other things) where, how many, and what type of advertising to show our viewers. Our system is composed of a complex network of both internal and external systems including DMED’s streaming applications, 3rd party sales, order management, and metrics reporting and analyzing systems.
Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, we captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and are looking for people who are passionate about redefining advertising through collaboration, innovation, unconventional thinking, stellar execution, committed to lifelong learning and improving while still embracing fun. You’ll be joining a talented team that works interdependently toward aggressive goals to deliver technically sound solutions. We work to ensure that we share both accountability and credit as a team.
- Design and implement features for the new campaign trafficking systems.
- Partner with the Product teams to understand their business needs and design outstanding and efficient solutions to complex business problems.
- Work with engineers on teams across the Hulu and Disney organizations to ensure that advertising works flawlessly across a wide array of devices and applications, and that data and metrics flow efficiently into reporting and financial systems.
- Building features in support of campaign trafficking / management systems
- Troubleshooting existing features and functionality across systems and services
- Building out GraphQL interfaces
- API endpoint development
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience using at least one widely used server-side programming language (Python or Java preferred.)
- Experience in one or more industry-leading database platforms, both relational and non-relational systems, preferably MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development.
Required EducationBachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.