Sr Software Engineer- Application MessagingApply NowApply Later Job ID 897706BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States / Remote, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Mar. 16, 2022
The team is seeking a Senior Software Developer who will be an outstanding addition to our technology team. The right person for this role is passionate about building systems that are optimized for scalability, security, and reliability. If you are someone who loves simple, performant solutions to ambitious problems, then this maybe a great role for you.
- Design and develop large-scale, reliable and globally available systems that are well tested and maintainable, based on microservices and data pipelines.
- Collaborate with other team members (including product owners, TPMs, and other business units) to achieve product and business requirements
- Use a mix of technologies including Java, Python, Scala, Kafka, Kinesis, Redis, MySQL and an array of AWS native services
- Challenge our team and software to be even better
- 5+ years building highly scalable, reliable and maintainable services
- Experience with Java or the JVM stack
- A quality-first attitude with a focus on test automation and CI/CD
- Strong passion for automation, testing and code quality
- Enthusiasm for achieving sub-millisecond gains in service response time
- Great communication, collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic
- Experience working with distributed databases (Aurora, MySQL), caches (Redis) and AWS
- Extensive experience with AWS or other public cloud platforms
- Experience with Scala
- Proficiency in data streaming technologies such as Spark and Flink
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience.
Additional Information:This position may be remote for candidates based on the west coast of the United States.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.