Sr Software Engineer- DeploymentApply NowApply Later Job ID 877886BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 18, 2021
Do you believe in enabling entire organizations to move fast while maintaining quality? Do you believe software should be continuously deployed? Do you want to help hundreds of engineers better deploy, run, and monitor their applications? We are looking for someone who believes in those things as ardently as we do and wants to be a part of constantly improving DSS’s technology organization – if that person is you, then we’d like to meet you.
The Deployment Team is responsible for the deployment infrastructure and processes of containerized workloads across all the service teams at DSS. We run and manage several EKS clusters across our AWS infrastructure, EKS/K8S integrations, and deployment process built upon open-source technologies like helm and spinnaker, as well as our proprietary tooling to integrate and provide a safe, multi-tenant environment for our dev teams. We strive to provide low-friction adoption to our platform by advocating a “paved path”- a set of templates/charts/paradigms which we tightly support & integrate- without compromising the flexibility of our platform to support almost any developer need.
- Enable DSS’s entire technology organization to deploy hundreds of microservices multiple times per day.
- Be part of a team that brings problem-solving and out of the box thinking to bear on complex engineering problems.
- Be passionate about learning the newest open source tools and technologies while challenging yourself and the team to use stellar judgment about when to invest.
- Be an awesome partner with everyone you interact with.
- Listen to and engage with stakeholders to build platforms that make their lives easier.
- Stay calm and adapt to changing requirements and an ever-evolving landscape of microservices.
- Continue to learn, grow and help us take on ever-evolving new challenges.
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, databases, etc.).
- Experience with containers and container orchestration systems.
- An ability to listen and partner to understand requirements, troubleshoot problems or promote the adoption of platforms.
- A passion for building systems that make people’s lives better (think: automating build, test, and deployment pipelines).
- Some working knowledge and familiarity with Unix/Linux.
- Experience with CD tooling, such as Spinnaker
- Experience with service mesh technologies like Istio.
- Experience with cloud platforms.
Required EducationBS/MS in Computer Science/related field or equivalent experience
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.