Sr Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 935525BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Mar. 03, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
On the Mobile team and at Hulu, we are accountable to one another, committed to aligning on common goals, and moving forward. We do so because we know that no one person or team alone could achieve what we've set out to do! As a team, we continuously analyze data to improve our Apps, our processes and how we work together.
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers, and engineering leadership to craft best-of-class, delightful TV-watching experiences
- Lead initiatives across the company, working closely with other client and backend engineers
- Develop the architectural direction and vision for company wide projects as well as across the Android team
- Demonstrate engineering excellence by developing test infrastructures, writing documentation, ensuring high performance, and following an agile development methodology
- Support and mentor your team members to enable them to become more knowledgeable and achieve their career goals
- Expert at developing native Android apps
- Proficiency with Java, Kotlin, Android Studio, and Gradle.
- A deep understanding of the Android SDK, Activity and Fragment lifecycles, thread management, custom views, and animations
- Proven understanding and experience using reactive frameworks such as RxJava or Flow
- Be an excellent communicator who collaborates well across teams.
- Experience architecting and building entire mobile applications while leading other developers to support your vision.
- You build high quality code by always writing tests and using performance evaluation tools like Android Profiler
- Experience with test automation, dependency injection frameworks and continuous integration
- Familiar with Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Ability to take ambiguous requirements and derive precise criteria
- In-depth knowledge of web-service and data-driven application architecture
- Experience with using common Android libraries like Picasso, Retrofit, Coroutine, Toothpick and/or Dagger
- Passionate about test-driven development
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Hulu.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.