Sr Software Engineer
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 966104BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May. 04, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
Job Summary:The Ad Manager organization within Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution organization is fully responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining the self service application our advertisers use on a daily basis to create and manage their advertising campaigns. We also collaborate with other teams within the larger Ad Platform organization on integrations with critical services responsible for the correct pacing, targeting, and selection of ads.
As a member of our team, you will apply your knowledge and skills to help us deliver scalable, performant, maintainable, and testable software.
- Writing and reviewing a lot of code and tests
- Available for a weekly-rotating On-Call support schedule
- Reading requirements documentation from Product and translating into implementation tickets
- Reviewing, learning, and documenting software and system designs in a high throughput, low latency microservices environment
- Enhancing systems’ observability with proper metrics, monitors and alerts
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- A willingness and desire to effectively communicate and collaborate across teams and systems
- A sense of ownership of the projects delivered by your team and department
- A passion for mentoring, learning, and adapting to a very dynamic and fast paced environment
- Kindness and pragmatic optimism
- Your unique view and experience
- Proficiency with Java or other object oriented programming language
- Demonstrable analytical / problem solving skills
- Great communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL
- Experience with Non-relational database technologies e.g. DynamoDB is a positive
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platform is a positive
- BS in Computer science (CS) or relevant work experience
- Master’s Degree
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.