Sr Software EngineerApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 10006238 Location Santa Monica, California, United States / United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 03, 2022 Flex Type Remote
- This role is considered remote, which means the employee will work remotely on an ongoing basis and will not have an assigned workspace at a Company designated location.
The DMED Technology organization plays a central role in the future growth of The Walt Disney Company. Our team is responsible for worldwide linear and digital media distribution, design and development of all consumer-facing digital products, advertising technology, consumer data, and international broadcast operations. Our employees are leading, creating, and innovating, making bold moves in unexpected directions that redefine not just what a media company does, but what it can do. With The Walt Disney Company, you can be part of media's evolution, helping us create what's next.
Ad applications organization within Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution organization is fully responsible for building,
enhancing and maintaining the high-performance, distributed, microservice-based Digital Advertising Platform. The platform is charged with
the qualification, delivery, and tracking of Digital Advertising campaigns (Video on Demand, Live TV, and innovative interactive ads) across all of
Disney online properties, including Hulu and ESPN+.
In addition, Ad application teams collaborate in the development of supporting components, such as anti-ad fatigue systems,
impression counting pipelines, and ad experience flows. We also work on integrations with critical services responsible for the correct pacing,
targeting, and selection of ads.
As a member of our team, you will apply your knowledge and skills to help us deliver scalable, performant, maintainable, and
On a daily basis you should bring:
• A willingness and desire to effectively communicate and collaborate across teams and systems.
• Demonstrated ownership for the projects delivered by your team and department
• Knowledge of system design and implementation best practices to guide and mentor
• A passion for mentoring, learning, and adapting to a very dynamic and fast paced environment
• A proven ability to work with product teams to translate requirements into well-defined technical implementations, as well as the ability to
define technical and operational metrics to measure system health
• A keen eye for potential optimizations and enhancements to our services
• Kindness and pragmatic optimism.
• Your unique view and experience
• Writing and reviewing a lot of code and tests
• Available for a weekly-rotating On-Call support schedule
• Reading requirements documentation from Product and translating into implementation tickets, and leading the team through
• Defining, reviewing, and documenting software and system designs in a high throughput, low latency microservices environment
• Enhancing systems’ observability with proper metrics, monitors and alerts
• BS preferred in Computer science (CS), Electrical engineering (EE), Computer Information System or relevant work experience
• 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
• Proficiency with server-side Java and database technology such as MySQL
• Demonstrable analytical / problem solving skills
• Great communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic with both technical and non-technical audiences
MS degree, preferred in Computer science (CS), Electrical engineering (EE), Computer Information System Experience with:
• SpringBoot and related Spring projects
• Non-relational database technologies e.g. DynamoDB
• Apache Kafka and/or Kinesis
• AWS or other cloud platform
• Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes
• Ad Tech industry
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.