Staff Software Engineer - Ad Platform
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 818686BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 14, 2021
Job Summary:Our Ad Serving teams specialize in the delivery of ad campaigns, and ensures the
pacing of each campaign is healthy and daily delivery goals are met. Major focus
areas for the team are; to ensure the ad is delivered to the right set of users,
optimize for brand and industry to minimize ad fatigue, innovate pacing and ad
selection algorithms, solve for Dynamic Ad Insertion on Live Streams, and to
measure and report on Total Supply and monetizable opportunities for ad delivery.
In addition to these core ad serving capabilities, the Ad Serving teams implement
new ad formats and experiences focusing on viewer-first, less disruptive advertising
As a member of our team, you will apply your knowledge and skills to help us
deliver scalable, performant, maintainable, and testable software.
Responsibilities:On a daily basis you should bring;
● a willingness and desire to collaborate on all things
● knowledge of system design and implementation best practices to guide and
● demonstrated ownership for the projects delivered by your new team and
● a passion for mentoring, learning, and adapting to a very dynamic and fast
● a proven ability to work with product teams to translate requirements into
well-defined technical implementations, as well as the ability to define
technical and operational metrics to measure system health
● a keen eye for potential optimizations and/or enhancements to our services
● your unique view and experience
Basic Qualifications:Must haves:
● BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or relevant work experience
● 7+ years of software engineering experience
● Strong analytical skills
● Strong programming in Java
● Great communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic with
both technical and non-technical audiences
● Strive for excellence
Nice To Haves:
● Experience with non-relational database technologies e.g. DynamoDB
● Experience with Redis and/or MemCache
● Experience with Apache Kafka and/or Kinesis
● AWS or any other cloud platform
● Experience with Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.