Strategy & Business Operations ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID owcyffwf Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted May 28, 2021
Hulu’s Business Development and Operations organization is seeking a Strategy & Business Operations Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Strategy and Business Operations team. You will work with the team lead to help define and implement Hulu’s long-term strategic plan and find solutions to thorny business challenges selected by Hulu’s leadership team. As a Manager you will lead projects that define and drive strategic, operational and organizational improvements across the company and create a supportive environment with a strong focus on learning and development for the junior team members.
The right person for this role is highly strategic, sees ‘the big picture,’ has a strong attention to detail, sets a high bar for him/herself, loves to solve problems, is intellectually curious and an innovator. If you are someone who thrives in a team environment and thinks strategically, then this is a great role for you.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create market overviews and develop points of view on trends and market forecasts in existing and emerging media and technology markets, with a focused consideration of the implications to Hulu
- Identify and develop growth strategies / new business opportunities and work across company to build consensus and mobilize towards execution
- Structure complex, ambiguous and potentially charged operational / business issues and develop compelling, insightful recommendations
- Gather and analyze large amounts of information quickly and problem solve effectively
- Oversee build of detailed financial models and business cases to facilitate decision-making
- Craft key presentation materials (e.g. memos, decks) and use storytelling skills (verbal and non-verbal) to persuasively communicate recommendations
- Work effectively in a team environment and cross-functionally with Finance, Marketing, Research, Analytics, Product, etc.
- Train/mentor/coach junior analysts and interns
- Bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited college or university
- 5+ years of work experience in a leading investment bank, management consulting firm, or top-tier strategic planning / corporate strategy department
- Experience in and/or deep understanding of the media, digital, and tech industries
- Strong communication and written presentation skills (e.g., PowerPoint, Word)
- Advanced analytical skills and financial modeling capabilities (e.g., Excel)
- Demonstrated success in delivering results in a cross-functional team setting
- Strong work ethic and a highly detail focused mindset
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree preferred
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.