SVP, Data AnalyticsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10052277 Location Santa Monica, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney Direct to Consumer Date posted Jul. 31, 2023
The Walt Disney Company DTC (Direct-to-Consumer) team is searching for a Senior Vice President (SVP), Data Analytics to drive capabilities across the segment, including analytics that inform customer acquisition, life cycle management, product experiences and content offerings. DTC needs a technically astute visionary to continuously build on the platforms supporting the company's marketing and product content initiatives. This role will refine a data strategy designed to enable the seamless collection, aggregation and synthesis of data to drive both automated and relationship-based interactions, targeted and dynamic content delivery, and personalized marketing.
The SVP, Analytics will primarily be responsible for DTC data science, marketing analytics, content analytics and product analytics groups, in addition to subscriber, sports and international analytics. He/she/they will partner closely with the centralized tech and product teams, as well as marketing and content organizations to enhance a central hub where DTC can understand and share its rich data assets across all of its properties. This role will oversee product analytics that spans beyond DTC to include National Geographic, Marvel, ESPN, ABC/ABCNews and more. This role will require a candidate who is a strategic thought leader who will use data and analytics to provide insight on where the company should direct its future investments, while optimizing current features. A crucial component to the role is to shed light on what and how people are watching, along with the ways those behaviors are impacting DTC customer acquisitions and retention. The successful candidate will also serve as an external force for the company, helping to continue the existing strategic partnerships, evaluate business opportunities, and elevate the firm’s reputation as a pioneer in the space. The role is based in either Santa Monica, CA., or New York City.
- Work with leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to refine multi-year data strategy to drive measurable competitive advantage for DTC.
- Determine the investments necessary in terms of people and technology to achieve these objectives.
- Test emerging data science techniques and tools, syndicating learnings to the broader organization for deployment.
- Create a culture of creativity and innovation while working closely with tech/product and the rest of the business to build strong, differentiated consumer-facing technology solutions and new product capabilities.
- Build strong industry partnerships and vendor relationships to leverage third-party development and maximize customer reach.
- As a key member of the leadership team, develop and maintain strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure data quality and security across the organization, including external data sources.
- Develop unique insights about DTC, its customers through qualitative and quantitative research.
- Drive increased knowledge of specific customer profiles, purchasing patterns and market segmentation.
- Participate in DTC’s strategic planning and the development of company business objectives in conjunction with other senior leaders.
- Anticipate changing demands from DTC’s organization and business environment, and initiate action to creatively realign data objectives as needed.
- Conceptualize, build and improve upon a best-in-class data management system to form the backbone of DTC’s strategy for capturing and acquiring data.
- Develop and implement a strategy to better engage current consumers, as well as attract and retain new customers.
- 10-15+ year’s data and analytics leadership experience.
- Media entertainment industry experience or other exposure to consumer insights. Superb candidates from other sectors may be considered.
- Technical Skills Experience with advanced data techniques including advanced qualitative and quantitative data mining, complex predictive modeling and other real-time pattern detection methods. In-depth exposure to algorithms, statistics, visualization, data engineering, natural language processing, data platforms and engineering.
- Leadership of teams in excess of 100 professionals at various levels with a strong leadership bench.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics or engineering
- Advanced degrees in an analytical field are preferred, but not required.
CRITICAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
- Driving Results
- Acts to surpass goals, seizing every opportunity possible to use data and analytics to ensure DTC is an industry leader in the space.
- Sets continually higher goals that are ambitious but realistic for self and team, geared to organizational objectives.
- Inspires the team to achieve those goals.
- Focuses on new business opportunities that enable business development targets to be exceeded.
- Strategic Thinking
- Explains specifically how changes in competitors, clients and market segments affect DTC.
- Translates broad business strategies into clear, specific objectives and plans for units and individuals.
- Creates plans that address the DTC competitive landscape.
- Think two to three years ahead.
- Collaborating and Influencing
- Negotiates with a genuine give-and-take approach, where both act as true peers and decisions are shared.
- Spends time identifying all stakeholders necessary and meets or connects with all of them, neglecting no one to shape a collective consensus.
- Identifies opportunities to build relationships that will help others achieve their objectives and reaches out to those people or new people
The hiring range for this position is $354,240.00 to $475,200.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Direct to Consumer:
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Direct to Consumer.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.