Technical Program Manager, International AnalyticsApply NowApply Later Job ID 902699BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to join our International Analytics team. This role requires acute attention to detail, a strong sense of accountability, collaboration, communication, technical understanding and experience managing cross workstream technology initiatives. In this role you will directly contribute to the success of our analytics teams by holding regular planning sessions, managing stakeholders, outlining strategic project deliverables and coordinating directly with other analytics leaders across Disney Streaming.
At Disney Streaming, data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. International Analytics works closely with the Regional Analytics teams across The Walt Disney Company to provide analytical insights to drive regional business strategy across the globe. The Technical Program Manager will function as the interface between analytics, product, operations, and engineering teams, participating in coordination, alignment, roadmapping and overall seamless delivery of best-in-class consumer applications.
- Liaise between central D.A.T.A. Analytics teams and Regional Analytics teams (based in APAC, LATAM, EMEA).
- Connecting operational and technical teams, translating high-level requirements from business stakeholders to granular, well-defined tasks for Data Analysts to deliver on.
- Serves as an information radiator, ensuring successful regional expansions, content releases, and data model updates are well communicated and planned throughout the greater org and Regional Analytics teams.
- Aid in prioritization of required engineering and analytics work for high visibility initiatives and projects across the globe
- Build strong relationships with partnered analytics teams; running multiple concurrent projects with separate stakeholders simultaneously; cultivating relationships between technical and business teams while serving directly as the end-to-end liaison in product development
- Take initiative and take a proactive approach at finding ways to remove barriers to move a project forward, accurately forecasting risks and mitigating exposure to accomplishing projects
- Assist teams in story writing, backlog maintenance and prioritization and planning. Facilitating creation and prioritization of program-level features and backlogs
- Aids the team in prioritization and capacity management by facilitating regular backlog refinement, sprint planning, prioritization, and estimation ceremonies with the core team and stakeholders
- Facilitate planning events and other ad-hoc meetings for teams, including story mapping, assigning of tickets, strategic planning sessions and scrum of scrums
- Performs all other responsibilities of a Program Manager at a proficient level
- 2-4 years experience as a Technical Program Manager, Project Manager or Scrum Master for a technology team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Background in Data Analytics, or history of working within an Analytics team strongly preferred
- Experience collaborating in matrix-organizations with various horizontal and vertical teams
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Working knowledge of modern program management, analysis, tracking, and reporting tools such as Jira, Confluence, G-Suite (Google: Docs, Sheets, Slides) , and MS Office
- Experience in Scrum Master and scaled Agile or transformation roles in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate anywhere from the team level to C-level executives
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, computer science, or another related field
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.