Technical Program Manager - Data
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID o2Dtefw6 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Feb. 17, 2021
Hulu’s Data and Analytics team is seeking a Technical Program Manager to help drive business-critical initiatives across the enterprise landscape. You will be responsible for planning and executing sophisticated programs with the goal of delivering a unified experience for data at Hulu. The primary goal will be to enable senior management, leadership teams, and individual contributors to achieve predictable planning, execution, and reporting quality with expertise in project tools and appropriate methodologies. The key aspects of this role will be to establish goals, metrics, build roadmaps, coordinate platform upgrades, and work with governance-architecture-quality on policy implementation and training. By working with software engineers, Technical Program Managers and other managers in the space of Data Governance and Data Quality, you will help build data products that allow the valuable data to be translated into meaningful insights! In addition, this involves exposure and engagement with owning cutting edge initiatives in areas of Enterprise Data, Analytics and A.I.
We are looking for you to thrive and demonstrate success in an environment that offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes. The right person for this role has a proven focus of understanding business expectations and requirements, likes to tackle problems, and is tenacious when developing and instituting new processes and influencing adoption across technology and business. Above all else, you are expected to own the inevitable change over the lifecycle of a project; lead with vision, plan with foresight, execute with precision, and handle change with grace.
What you’ll do
- Support multiple cross-functional technical and analytics teams to deliver their objectives in fast-paced and complex programs and projects
- Partner closely with software developers, product managers and UX designers to craft best-of-class data exploration experience
- Map milestones with Product, UX , Architecture & Engineering to enable product launches
- Set up the release process and access control management in order to comply with governance regulations.
- Own Tool Vendor onboarding and relationship and evaluate the need for consultant resources on an ongoing basis.
- Develop strong partnerships with engineering, product management and analytics leaders to drive focus on strategic and tactical program objectives
- Build strategic relationships with key business leaders to ensure program success
- Drive teams and individuals in planning and executing roadmaps, releases, and work backlogs
- Lead efforts to identify risks, resolve key project opportunities, and establish appropriate resolution paths
- Fill in gaps across roles and functions as needed, performing as an adaptive problem solver
- Develop and execute change management, a communication plan and engage with the users to report progress and raise issues
- Create a collaborative work environment that cultivates shared understanding, transparency, mastery, autonomy, innovation and continuous learning
- Exhibit a high tolerance for context switching and interruptions while remaining productive and able to provide effective guidance
What to bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, computer science, or another related field.
- 5 years of experience in program management, preferably with a focus on data architecture, business intelligence, relational databases or big-data technology
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Experience building broad, large-scale communications plans
- Love for Data and taking chaos and turning it into something actionable
- High sense of ownership and a focus on building fast without sacrificing quality
- Experience in Agile software development with expertise in Scrum methodology and practices.
- Solid understanding of ETL processing, Web Application development cycle
- Working knowledge of modern program management, analysis, and reporting tools such as Wrike, Trello, Jira/Confluence, and MS Office
- Knowledge of SDLC, data engineering, data modeling, data warehousing and big data platforms
- Prior experience with cloud technologies or technical operations.
- Experience working in big data environments using tools such as Hive, Presto, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and data visualization (Tableau, MicroStrategy, Thoughtspot).
- Understanding of ETL processing, reporting (SSRS), relational databases (MSSQL, MySql)
Additional Information:Data and Analytics
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.