Senior Technical Program Manager
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID odVDdfwI Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted May. 03, 2021
Hulu is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to facilitate the development, rollout and adoption of several projects including adding new functionality and scaling of the overall services platform. This role will work with our full team that includes Product, Operations, and Engineering Teams to coordinate cross-team initiatives that deliver on our business goals & objectives.
The Platform & Services teams build backend services, APIs, and capabilities that enable a personalized viewer experience on a wide array of platforms serving tens of millions of users!
If you are someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, jumps at the opportunity to work on impactful and complex problems, and constantly seeks out new challenges, then this is a great role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own and drive critical engineering programs and initiatives that span across the entire technology and operations teams.
- Establish program structure from conception to execution, while refining any ambiguity in scope and teams involved.
- Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide critical issue management, anticipate and make trade-offs balancing the business needs versus constraints.
- Partner with key team members to ensure visibility and alignment. Be a communication powerhouse to ensure the entire organization knows what the team is working on.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to scope projects into manageable chunks that enable us to quickly and efficiently release products
- Work in an environment with regularly shifting priorities and take a level-headed approach to incorporate new work into an existing plan
- Know when to push back, challenge an idea, and seek out compromise, and do so positively and for the benefit of the company in the interest of getting value to market quickly
- Understand the fundamentals of Hulu’s business and their interplay with development priorities to reduce delay to project deliverables
WHAT TO BRING
- 10+ years of experience in software program management
- Proven understanding of systems architecture, design, and implementation
- Deep understanding of cloud architecture and scaling of platforms across steadily increasing viewership
- Ability to actively identify dependencies/risks and work with engineering counterparts to mitigate these
- Comfortable interacting with a diverse set of technical and non-technical counterparts
- Ability to lead concurrent projects, partner with multiple customers, and build consensus.
- Solid understanding of program management tools such as Trello, Jira, and Confluence.
- Always transparent, you actively communicate and raise awareness of everything you’re working on.
- Familiarity with building platform services for the TV/movie/video streaming industry
- Background in Agile software development, or in coordinating multi-team Agile releases
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.