Technical Program ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 983166BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 23, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Own execution for upcoming features and products, driving roadmap, specifications, and delivery
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers on the Disney Streaming experience Roadmap and identify the necessary investments and dependencies to support execution and delivery
- Partner with engineering, product and design to translate specifications to requirements to comprehensive execution plans
- Scope projects into manageable chunks that enable us to quickly and efficiently release iterative products
- Own the Scrum/Agile process for Web Engineering scrum teams - including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, and backlog grooming
- Work with multiple engineering teams to track progress for large initiatives related to your projects in a manner easily consumable by all partners
- Understand the fundamentals of Disney Streaming’s business and their interplay with development priorities to reduce delay in discussions among interested parties
- Work with program and product leads to author detailed reports for program status, schedules, task assignments, risks
- Investigate, track and resolve open issues for any given project through clear communication with a wide array of partners
- Participate in and lead investigations to understand, mitigate, and prevent quality issues
- Identify inefficiencies in the processes, and drive better, more efficient processes where needed for projects to be delivered optimally and on time.
- 3+ years of experience in software program management
- Experience in shipping multiple features or products simultaneously
- Experience in Agile software development
- Solid understanding of systems architecture, design, and implementation
- Ability to actively identify dependencies/risks and work with engineering counterparts to mitigate these
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical partners
- Strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience shipping Web Applications and working with web development teams.
- Experience shipping entertainment and media applications on web, mobile platforms, video game consoles, set top boxes, or smart TVs.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.