Technical Project Manager
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 844995BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Sep. 14, 2021
The Experience Management organization within Disney Streaming is hiring a Technical Project Manager to support the critical objective to represent, change, override and deliver seamless updates to any surface area of the end user experience across all devices that run Disney Streaming apps (Disney+, ESPN+, Star+, and Hulu). This functionality is implemented by a suite of tools and services that drive content & image curation, strategic promotion of events, theme management, and enhancement of content metadata.
As a Technical Project Manager in Experience Management, you'll work with Product and other engineering teams to coordinate and deliver quality, large scale, and highly performant services.
Our collaborative culture encourages all to contribute to the success of our platform, and the TPM plays a key role in this by promoting transparent communication, building strong relationships, and resolving blockers.
- Develop, maintain, and effectively execute software development iterations throughout the life of assigned project(s) for a team.
- Work with the team to define activities, sequence, dependencies, work effort, duration, and associated resource requirements for project(s).
- Provide project communications for the team, ensuring effective exchange of project deliverables to identify, analyze, prioritize, and mitigate project risks using best practices.
- Assist with technical feasibility implementation approach, deployment strategies, and QA improvement efforts by encouraging collaboration with product partners to refine project scope and objectives.
- Contribute to product development activities, scheduling feature additions in iterative release cycles based on priority and importance and improve department and organization reputation by ownership of accomplishing new and different requests.
- Achieve operational objectives by supplying information and recommendations; preparing and completing action plans; implementing wide standards; helping to identify and resolve problems; completing audits; identifying trends; resolving system improvements; and implementing changes.
- Confirmed experience in project planning and management, ideally in an Agile environment.
- Software development knowledge and experience including APIs, reusable libraries, frameworks and structured data formats.
- Experience in requirements documentation and data flow diagrams using Visio, Gliffy or similar.
- 2+ years of previous experience as a project manager. Strong teamwork and leadership skills with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, and geographically dispersed environment.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Software Engineering experience is ideal
- Supported full-stack development teams
- CSM or PMP certification
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.