Content Designer/UX WriterApply NowApply Later Job ID 933563BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 10, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
As a Content Designer, you will be responsible for designing UX content for all our self-service support channels across Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+ and Star+. You'll leverage data, research, and empathy to drive content solutions and decisions that help build a best-in-class self-service experience. You’ll also lead the global UX copy review and approval process, working with stakeholders around the world to ensure all content is accurate and representative of brand guidelines and cultural nuances. On the day-to-day, you’ll collaborate with a strong group of product managers, product designers, content strategists, and localization specialists to create the most intuitive and useful content for users of our help centers, community forums, and more.
The ideal candidate for this role is an expert wordsmith with a background in UX content design and customer support. You’re meticulous about the smallest of details while knowing how to prioritize time investments, and you have deep empathy for anyone who just wants to unwind with some trouble-free TV time. This is a versatile, fast-paced position, so agility and strong collaboration skills are a must.
- Design and optimize clear and concise UX copy that helps users navigate our self-service channels all over the world
- Drive the content design process for new help center features, partnering closely with product stakeholders to bring the experience to life
- Partner with the localization team to understand regional best practices and cultural nuances
- Analyze data that demonstrates user goals on our platforms in order to improve existing content and anticipate future needs
- Drive the review and approval of all UX content, establishing strong relationships with stakeholders in legal, marketing, and corp comms
- Manage a large volume of UX strings across multiple brands and geographies, uploading and QAing content on tight deadlines
- Occasionally write app release notes and error code messaging for in-app product experiences that lead users to self-serve
- Document UX content standards and style guides for our self-service channels, collaborating regularly with the Product Design team to adopt holistic best practices across content types and brands
- 3+ years of digital content creation or copywriting experience; 2+ years of experience as a UX writer or product-focused content designer
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to write in different styles and tones on behalf of a brand
- Understanding of SEO principles and working knowledge of Google Search Console/Google Analytics
- A data-driven mindset with experience leveraging quantitative and qualitative data to analyze content
- Strong technical acumen with experience working efficiently across multiple tools and/or content management systems
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills with the ability to adjust communication style by audience
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with global content management and localization
- 1 year of experience writing customer support content
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.