VP - Content Development DramaApply NowApply Later Job ID 867255BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Sep. 30, 2021
- Develop a deep understanding of Hulu’s brand values, key demo target/s, and business objectives to help determine what original series will move the needle for the brand and generate significant commercial value.
- Collaborate with senior leadership in building and supervising a robust development pipeline to service the creative needs of our programming slots.
- Contribute to crafting the vision for the creative mandate by identifying and articulating white spaces in the programming slate and strategizing about the development and production needs for Drama on whole.
- Work alongside the Department Head to manage the current programming slate on a project-by-project basis to ensure both quantity and quality. This includes oversight of Senior Managers and Managers on projects.
- Leverage agency, studio, writer, producer, and talent contacts to actively bring in on-brand, on-mandate projects.
- Proactively package projects (with our owned IP, overalls, etc) to create highly viable projects.
- Serve as point executive on multiple Hulu dramas - leading all aspects of day-to-day development, production, and internal communication.
- Work with creators, external partners, and the Hulu executive team to develop and note story, outline, script and cuts with limited oversight.
- Maintain creative relationships via talent relations, which is inclusive of occasional production travel.
- Liaise with BA to manage and oversee deals for the Executive Director’s given vertical.
- Work with Department Head to give input when needed on marketing materials, press releases, etc.
- Track KPIs across assigned currents slate and collaborate with Department Heads to adjust accordingly.
- Significant experience as an executive developing material into high-quality, viable scripts and series.
- An established credibility and base of existing relationships across the creative community (writers, directors, producers).
- Skilled at audience-focused content development, with an appreciation for sophisticated/specialized audience tastes and preferences.
- Television studio or network experience is preferred.
- Has honed creative voice. Confident in instincts but understands the importance of the give and take in the creative process.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art TV content development and programming, including new media properties.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with talent and production partners.
- Highly self-motivated and hardworking leader and manager.
- Ability to inspire and effect change through influence and collaboration versus authority.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Diplomatic personality and ability to work productively with a variety of personalities.
- Embodies Hulu vision and values.
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
Additional Information:Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. Hulu is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants if needed during the interview process. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.