Sr. Manager, Compensation, Benefits & PayrollApply Now Apply Later Job ID 759747BR Location São Paulo, Brazil; São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted May. 05, 2020
- Responsible for managing Compensation, Benefits, Payroll to support different LoBs and functions across our operation in Brazil: point of direct contact from our County Manager due to the sensitive (confidential) matters this job will handle on a regular basis
- Responsible for implementing the global / regional compensation strategy in Brazil. Localize any of those activities always in compliance with local legislation and corporate guidelines.
- Responsible for conducting the implementation of global / regional projects across the territory such as:
- Global Payroll vendor assessment and roll out
- Regional Benefits Programs harmonization
- Support to the new organization reconfiguration (provide leaders and HR with accurate data and action plans to facilitate decision making processes across the different businesses and functions in Brazil)
- Required Tenure: at least 10 years of experience managing C&B and payroll activities in Brazil
- Preferred Industries: Digital, Entertainment, E-commerce industries
- Required leadership experience: 3/5 years of experience leading senior teams
- Skills / key Competences: leadership capabilities; collaborative skills; team player; open minded; should bring us know how and expertise that contribute to our trendsetting philosophy (disruptive vision) of compensation management
- Technical / specific expertise: expertise in technical compensation and payroll (priority); should be aware of market practice and trends around benefits programs
- Other: “right hand” for both our CM and HR head in Brazil and the “eyes” of the Comp regional leader in his market
- Minimum: University graduate at Business Administration, Accounting or HR
- Ideal: MBA/Business school postgraduate (not mandatory)
- SAP HR Modules: Advanced
- Other HRIS: Advanced
- Payroll systems: Advanced
- English and Spanish: Advanced
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Brasil) Ltda., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.