Associate Java Developer
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 689757BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 16/07/2019
- Have the curiosity to research and learn new technologies
- Employ positive thinking and are able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
- Are passionate about technology
- Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex problems
- Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
- Developing quality product experience for users around the globe
- Be part of a team responsible for design and implementation custom back-end solutions that power experiences across ESPN, ABC, and Disney products
- Collaborate and troubleshoot with the other engineering teams to analyze and resolve customer-facing issues involving high throughput web application services and APIs
- Learn cutting-edge software development practices together with engineers across the Disney family
- Understanding of programming fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Experience with object-oriented software development, with an understanding of software design patterns
- Experience with Java
- Familiarity with all aspects of the software development Lifecycle, including best practices like unit testing, code reviews, and documentation
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Passion for learning with new technology and tools
- Rigorous attention to details and a focus on quality of deliverables
- Ability to collaborate in a small, productive development team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.