Automation Engineer IIApply NowApply Later Job ID 71192772 Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 15, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
The Quality Assurance team is responsible for validating all work before it goes to production, this includes software: web, mobile, connected device applications, media, non-consumer facing products and more. Additionally, the Quality Assurance teams creates and maintains the framework used for automation testing at DSS and performs all performance testing.
- Responsible for building tests that are atomic, independent and can run in parallel across multiple browsers/devices in multiple locales and/or languages
- Has an understanding of a CI Infrastructure (i.e. Jenkins/Hudson) and how it works
- Understands additional design patterns (i.e. DRY, Factories) in addition to (page objects and abstraction) and follows coding standards
- Builds out new tests and test suite’s as necessary, conferring with senior members of the department on how to handle items that they may not have seen or run into before
- Able to efficiently resolve engineering issues with low to moderate degrees of complexity
- Mentors/coaches junior members of the department as well as automation initiative individuals. Knowledge of QA tools and the ability to create and track defects
- Works with other QA Analysts and Developers to ensure overall system reliability, performance, reporting and quality
- Utilizes various tools/frameworks in the department
- Ownership of test maintenance
- Minimum 2 years working in mobile automation engineering and a solid knowledge of digital streaming devices and industry trends.
- Programming experience in Appium, the language of the platform/application being utilized should be of intermediate level as well as having a working knowledge of mobile test automation technology overall.
- BS or BA degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
The hiring range for this remote position is $98,800.00 to $137,300.00 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.