Business ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 735300BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 28, 2020
Digital Media, Forecasting & Analytics is a highly collaborative team that works in an incredibly fast paced environment. The Business Management role works closely with both the Forecasting & Analytics teams as well as with the wider stakeholder groups within DTCI (including Ad Sales, Finance, Product, etc) in the management, support, development and control of its charter and scope.
The Business Manager on the DTCI - Digital Media, Forecasting & Analytics Team will be based in Seattle and report to the VP and Executive Director of the group. This person will play a critical role in the valuation of new strategic partnerships and opportunities, the dissemination and consolidation of information and process management.
- Assist the VP and Executive Director in the management of Digital Media Forecasting & Analytics key priorities and responsibilities
- Enhancement and expansion of existing governance and operating models to support the DTCI digital footprint and addressable impressions forecasting, while also determining more robust and effective processes to enable the business to develop and expand effectively.
- Partner with leadership teams to effect suitable best practice for the group where applicable and appropriate
- Partner with VP and Executive Director as well as Ad Sales, Ad Tech, Ad Operations, and Media Networks, among other teams, in conflict escalation and delivery of best-in-class digital ad-supported products
- Work in ensuring effective determination of roles and responsibilities across the group in enabling a more effective control and operating model to be achieved
- Understanding the key areas of risk and development of current projects and developing plans for their prioritization and remediation with the Business and its stakeholder groups.
- Analytical mindset and delivery focused in approach is essential
- Highly organized and ability to document and understand the underlying issues being raised to ensure effective communication within DTCI Digital Media in the delivery of solutions or resolution of issues
- Knowledge base and understanding of the Digital Media industry a plus
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and be flexible/adaptable to changing requirements and short notice requests.
- Project Management mindset
- Outstanding communication and information sharing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written, verbal and presentation to Management and Stakeholders
- Ability to influence, manage resources and prioritize workload based on the demands which may become moveable depending on the circumstances
- Pro-active and a self-starter on issues
- The candidate needs to have a high level of ability in dealing with different stakeholder groups and understanding their mindset in addressing the DTCI Digital Media Forecasting & Analytics agenda and understanding of business drivers
- The candidate needs to be used to operating in an environment where flexibility to meeting demands and tight deadlines are the norm
- The candidate is familiar with the importance of maintaining documentation and formality of managing or participating in a range of structured forums
- Transitioning from tactical to strategic tasks throughout the day
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.