Business Operations, Program Manager (Security)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 747897BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 27, 2020
The Program Manager, Security Program Administration will work closely with GIS leadership to execute all aspects of the Program Office with emphasis on advancing GIS portfolio and financial management processes to drive more efficiency and closer alignment with security risk reduction objectives. He or she will work closely with Finance partners and other stakeholders both internal and external to GIS to monitor, track, analyze, and report the health and performance of the GIS portfolio.
- Understanding the GIS strategic priorities and maturing the metrics used to demonstrate the program’s progress against those priorities
- Reviewing the portfolio from both a financial management and risk reduction lens to ensure all work meets the stated GIS strategic priorities
- Advancing program reporting to enhance understanding of each project’s risk reduction targets (strategic priorities) and progress towards achieving those targets
- Acting as the primary liaison between finance and GIS budget owners to ensure adherence to all financial processes and goals; managing oversight of the GIS portfolio from a financial management perspective
- Building trusted and effective relationships with project managers to ensure they are equipped to deliver projects on-time on-budget, on-benefit and on-quality; providing training and mentoring as needed, particularly w/re: financial management
- Continuously improving the program administration function by integrating optimal ways of planning, monitoring, and reporting on initiative completion and risk reduction performance; includes re-engineering scorecards and dashboards to better integrate existing reports from other GIS functional areas to provide a better view of program maturity progress
- Portfolio/Program Management experience with emphasis on information security: At least 2 years managing projects/programs RECENTLY as part of an information security team or similar function
- Basic understanding of information security risk management principles
- Demonstrated intermediate financial experience (budget planning, analysis, reporting)
- Experience training peers in new processes or tools
- Experience documenting processes; creating workflows
- Experience synthesizing information from multiple sources and ensuring effective and proactive communications to all stakeholders
- Strong communication skills
- Experience driving continuous improvement initiatives to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of existing processes
- Information security
- A high-level of proficiency is required with MS Office (especially Excel), SharePoint, PowerPoint
- Accounting/Finance fundamentals
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate and influence decision making with all levels in the organization (business, executive, technical)
- Strong presentation skills, particularly the ability to tell a story with data and research
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong planning, scheduling, organization, and attention to detail
- Experience collaborating and coordinating across teams and geographies in a matrix environment, achieving actionable results through others, plus the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact within all levels of the organization
- At least 6 years professional experience
- At least 3 years of finance/accounting experience
- At least 8 years professional experience
- At least 5 years of finance/accounting experience
- Database management
- Data analytics
- Experience presenting to large groups, including senior executives
- Passion for the Disney brand
- Experience building visuals such as bar charts, line graphs using Tableau
- Proven experience managing multiple stakeholders which at times have competing priorities
- Experience using tools such as SAP, CA PPM Clarity and ServiceNow for project portfolio management
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification
- MBA or related graduate degree is a plus.
- 4-year degree in a related field, such as information systems, business, accounting or appropriate work experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.