Director, Data Platforms - Customer Solutions Engineering
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 699605BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 10/09/2019
- Direct management and oversight of team, includes workload balancing, schedules, strategic direction and technical problem solving.
- Partner with engineering teams, operations, business partners and executive leadership on resolution of support issues and business needs.
- Measure and report on team progress through metrics, includes KPI definition, system instrumentation, data collection, presentation of reports and dashboards, plan and execute on strategic, continuous improvement plans.
- Function as a senior liaison to, and partner closely with, DTCI development, program management, customer engagement, product, and support teams.
- Help recruit and maintain talent within the team and help develop new team member onboarding and career development programs.
- Develop a deep understanding of the tools and processes used to support DTCI services and how these tools interact with the broader spectrum of Disney’s technology stack.
- Step in and help team members resolve complex problems and provide technical guidance to development teams on bug resolutions, feature enhancements, tool builds, and process enhancements/automation.
- Be responsible for tracking and managing the finances of your organization.
- Partner with the engineering team to build out the processes to integrate the CSE team into the support rotation for the organizations services.
- Serve as an escalation point and executive contact for operational and integration related items.
- 10 years minimum work experience with relevant technologies
- 5 years minimum of experience leading technical support teams
- 2 years minimum of experience in software development or QA (3 or more preferred)
- Defect Tracking Tools; i.e. JIRA
- Programming: Java (but open to other languages)
- REST APIs; JSON; XML
- Databases: Relational DB/SQL
- Cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- Big Data
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field or relevant work experience.
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field preferred
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.