Director, Digital AnalyticsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 710542BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Oct. 04, 2019
The Director of Digital Analytics will lead a team of technical data analysts and business analysts that leverage statistical modeling, machine learning and user level analytics to identify user consumption patterns, short and long term trends, emerging insights, data anomalies, while understanding contextual drivers and make strategic recommendations to Sr. leadership. Insights will be communicated in a variety of ways including, executive level dashboards, diagnostic dashboards, operational dashboards, executive level presentations and ad hoc storytelling. These analyses are in support of reporting and forecasting efforts within the Direct to Consumer & International segment at The Walt Disney Company.
This includes multiple business units: ABC Entertainment, ABC News, Freeform, ESPN/ESPN+, Marvel, ABC Owned Television, FX Network and National Geographic. The analytics function will also cover reporting and insights across distribution end points where this content is consumed (Hulu, YouTube, etc.).
Digital Media, Forecasting & Analytics is a highly collaborative team that works in an incredibly fast paced environment. The Director of Analytics will be responsible for building strong partnerships across multiple data platform teams and cross-functionally with stakeholders across digital product, ad sales, finance, distribution, programming and marketing. They will partner with other leaders in the technology orgs to ensure knowledge sharing, transparency and help in setting data standards and cross-functional communication.
- Leadership: We are looking for a seasoned leader who has a demonstrated past of leading successful teams, setting priorities, driving initiatives in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a leader who is results and relationship driven and can motivate a variety of different teams and functional positions.
- Forecasting/Modeling: This individual and team will leverage statistical and machine learning modeling techniques to measure and project a user’s engagement with the Disney and distribution platforms across many KPI’s and Business Units.
- Experimentation: Develop test plans, define success metrics, and ensure accurate results methodologically, technically, and statistically.
- Deep-Dive Analysis: Analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content.
- Partnership: Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, testing platforms, data visualization, and data architecture.
- Data Quality: As a subject matter expert on internal/external data sources, ensure anomalies/bugs are escalated and if needed workarounds developed to ensure the data is as clean as possible, as these KPI’s will become the source of truth for various groups.
- 8+ years of analytical experience
- 6+ years’ work experience using SQL
- 5+ years Python/R or other statistical programming language
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Experience with advanced data modeling and predictive analytics
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Understanding of statistics concepts (hypothesis testing, regression analysis)
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information
- Strong communication skills, as well as written and verbal presentation skills
- Master’s degree in a quantitative or computational field (Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or an emphasis in quantitative methods or business analytics) ideally with a background in testing and modeling.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Production Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Production Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.