Director of Product, Personalization & Content Discovery
Seattle, Washington, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 827764BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jul. 14, 2021
Job Summary:Creating a unique and relevant experience for each and every user is fundamental to Disney magic. We aim to tailor our products for every user, quickly connecting them to content they’ll love. This process is both art and science, relying on authoritative content expertise, algorithmic machine learning, and rapid experimentation. The work we do has huge scope--- the services in Disney Streaming enable experiences for 140+ global million subscribers across Disney+, Hulu, Star+ and ESPN+. And we’re not done growing.
These algorithms are woven throughout the different Disney streaming applications and are core to the magic we create for users. Whether it’s readiness for new markets, the launch of new content, experimenting with cutting edge technology, or assessing the base signals we use, this product manager will drive our thinking. This is a position that will have an incredibly broad impact on the customer experience across multiple applications.
This is an ideal role for someone with a history working on complex services. You should be able to balance pragmatism and vision to achieve meaningful results amongst a rapidly growing and changing business.
- Build, grow and lead a team of product managers to define and execute the long term vision in the machine learning space.
- Identify, socialize and deliver new opportunities to bring personalization to life across all of our consumer experiences.
- Help turbocharge a rigorous data culture using quantitative and qualitative measures tied to consumer expectations to assess all current and future investments focusing on business impact, customer satisfaction and total cost of ownership.
- Build relationships and partnerships with teams across the company, align on strategy, vision, execution and enablement.
- Collaborate with other product, engineering, design, data and content strategy teams to develop holistic points of view and confidently make product decisions.
- Foster an inclusive work culture, rooted in safety and belonging.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support to people leaders and individual contributors by setting clear expectations, sharing actionable feedback, and supporting both career growth and personal development.
- You possess 8+ years of experience in consumer technology, product management or data science.
- You see this intersection of customer experience, story-telling and human-centered machine learning as an exciting problem space.
- You have experience shipping machine learning-backed products and are comfortable in both charted and uncharted territories where machine learning and AI haven’t historically found itself.
- You are not just a fan of, but active advocate for subscriber privacy and ethical use of AI/ML.
- You seek to understand and lead through influence rather than by authority or organizational hierarchy.
- You understand trust and have a rooted and robust people management philosophy that includes kindness, accountability, customer empathy and strategic vision.
- You have earned a BA/BS degree or the professional work equivalent
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.