DPEP Front-end Software Engineering Intern - Seattle, Summer 2020
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 710117BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 01/11/2019
Responsibilities:This internship position will join an awesome team with the responsibility of providing information about rides, restaurants, parades, schedules, maps, etc., across all our parks, helping millions of guests with the planning they need to have the best Parks and Resorts experience possible! You will help transition our park sites to a new design using a modern technology stack, while enhancing and maintaining existing sites.
Our technology organization seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product. Work directly with other software engineers, web developers, creative designers, test engineers, and business partners to create and maintain high quality web products that directly contribute to company and guest goals.
Candidate should have good verbal and written communication skills, be able to work independently as a self-starter, practice good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
- Object-oriented analysis and design
- Understanding of developing responsive sites for mobile and tablet devices
- An eye for detail and a desire for quality and accuracy
- An understanding of Agile development practices
- AWS or other cloud technologies
- PHP experience, especially Zend framework
- Internationalization and localization
- Accessibility on the web
- Optimizing Web performance
- Web security/OWASP
- Familiar with continuous integration and deployment incorporating automated testing
- Commercial code and release management tools (e.g. GIT, Jenkins)
Required EducationSophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2020 - August/September 2020. Interns must be available to work full-time for the duration of the internship.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.