Emerging Tech Software Developer Internship, Seattle- Fall 2019
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 675704BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 31/05/2019
Job Summary:The Content Technology team is hiring talented contributors to collaborate building transformational projects at the intersection of Content & Technology. We love developing full-stack rapid prototypes to accelerate & power our businesses and guest experiences.
You will use your software development skills & bring your passion for learning new technologies and platforms.
You will embed directly into our engineering team & work side-by-side with lead developers & mentors on real projects.
What will you deliver?
- Developing & Coding up rapid prototypes & pilot projects
- Research into Emerging Technologies
- Software & Tools Design, Development, & Testing
- Presentations & Demos to Leadership
Come learn to build products that leverage Emerging Tech like Machine Learning, Realtime Graphics, Cloud, and Automation!
Responsibilities:On any given day with our Content Technology team...
Rapid prototyping means you focus on building end-to-end full stack solutions and learn, use, & explore multiple technologies: Front-end, Back-end, Cloud, Data Science and Mobile technologies all power your Machine Learning and Emerging Tech projects.
You’ll be having impromptu conversations about how new tech can be used or combined with Disney services; how it could power new experiences or improve existing applications.
Faced with technical challenges we’ll huddle around a white-board collaborating on a solution or maybe stand together at a desk paired-programming.
As an engineer on a lean agile team, you have a lot of independence while still having senior engineers & mentors support you. Leaders & execs have an open-door policy and our culture is friendly. You walk up to other teams & they’re happy to share what they’re working on.
- Passion for emerging technologies (Machine Learning, Data Science, Cloud, etc)
- Learning new concepts & technologies quickly
- Strong computer science fundamentals (Java, Python)
- Familiarity with Git source control
- Collaborative & detail oriented work-ethic
- Excellent Communication skills
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Junior or Senior of Computer Science degree, Masters student, or equivalent achieved or in progress
- The approximate dates of this internship are September - December 2019
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.