Technology Communications Specialist
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 710548BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States; Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 18/10/2019
The IT Communications Writer/Specialist will assist the team in coordinating and writing communications and learning materials for a number of internally focused projects, delivering compelling content and collateral through a variety of channels. This role encompasses a unique blend of skillsets and process-oriented attention to detail that will allow the role to oversee editorial planning, manage content dashboards, and coordinate the distribution of authored communications collateral — all with an acute awareness of messaging nuance, voice, and type of technical audience.
Responsibilities:The IT Communications Writer/Specialist will use a combination of creative and technical aptitude to craft marketing, communications and learning materials for our technical stakeholders, business owners, employees, and other audiences. Knowledge of technology and its related products, services and functions is required in order to serve this critical component of our business. Assistance in broader editorial planning, oversight and coordination of communications delivery processes across multiple business segments, and general understanding of how to generate and provide insights from metrics data and analytics reports is also a key component of this role.
- Write, proofread and edit technical communications with sensitivity to audience and goals of message to ensure clarity and effectiveness
- Develop and deliver internal communications, including written communications, social media updates related to technology news, and instructional information
- Write technical marketing articles and product sheets for internal communications channels, including: Knowledge Base articles for end users, video scripts, and other marketing and technology collateral
- Support content delivery including management of internal email distribution lists and message dissemination
- Support and publish content on company Intranet and internal social networking sites as directed
- Use internal email marketing tools to provide tracking and graphical insights into communication tactics by generating and delivering analytics reports across the team
- Serve as editor for internal corporate communication vehicles, developing editorial plans and ensuring an appropriate mix of content to highlight company strategies, culture, values and news
- Conduct interviews of any necessary sources for communications articles and other materials
- Support the development of eLearning content and courseware, providing writing and editing expertise for training materials and collateral, including instructor-led training and other relevant learning courseware
- Work proactively, productively, and collaboratively as part of the team, sharing knowledge, expertise, and effort across projects and assignments
- Participate in communication meetings with communications team and project managers, as well as meet regularly with project leads to determine task priority and project objectives
- Actively participate in meetings and events, with ability to thoughtfully articulate new or improved ideas, strategies, and questions that ultimately “plus” end results
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience working in technology Communications and a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in Technical Writing
- Strong knowledge and experience developing communications content for technical and business audiences
- Exceptional writing and proofreading skills with ability to adjust tone/voice for a variety of audiences
- Expert at articulating technology products, services and concepts for a highly technical audience
- Working knowledge in technology products and services, and their processes and lifecycles, in order to accurately tailor communications to these projects
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work collaboratively in a team-driven environment
- Highly organized, process-driven, self-motivated and able to work independently, taking ownership of and responsibility for work progress
- Highly detail-oriented and able to express written ideas, thoughts or facts in an organized and convincing way
- Passion for technology and its future impact on business, providing thought partnership for new, improved ways to communicate and drive results for our clients
- Bachelor’s degree in English, PR, Communications, Computer Science, Technical Communication or related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.