Lead Software Engineer, Living Room Platform
Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID P001509-R0010174 Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Hulu Date posted Sep. 25, 2021
The "Living Room" team at Hulu is responsible for building our modern "10-foot" UI that runs on a number of popular streaming-media devices like the Xbox, PlayStation, Roku, and Fire TV, to name just a few. We're passionate about building the best TV-watching experience for our users in the living room and we want you to help us do it! Your work will directly impact millions of consumers, their experience with our service, and Hulu's business. What will the future of television look like; and will you be a part of it?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with client developers and engineering leadership to create best-of-class, delightful TV-watching experiences.
- Lead initiatives to build the platform, components and tools required for our client developers to provide new product features at scale.
- Develop the architectural direction and vision for company wide projects as well as across the client team.
- Collaborate with other developers to deliver a modern Hulu client to smart TVs, Xbox, Fire TV, PlayStation, and other streaming-media devices.
- Support and mentor your team members to enable them to become more knowledgeable and achieve their career goals.
WHAT TO BRING
- 6+ years of experience in web or application development and strong programming language and scripting skills.
- A deep understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- In-depth knowledge of web-service and application architecture.
- Independence, the ability to work towards results, and an eagerness to learn new technologies and solve novel problems.
- Excellent communication and cross-team collaboration skills.
- Knowledge in web development frameworks and tools such as React, Redux, or Webpack.
- Experience with Python, MySQL and backend development technologies.
- Experience developing user interfaces in a large and organized codebase is a plus.
- Experience developing for smart TVs, or similar devices is also a plus.
- Strong experience with Scrum methodology.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.