Lead Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 948422BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States / Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 21, 2022
- Design and develop solutions for software fixes and new features using test driven development.
- Analyze user stories, provide realistic estimations and participate in sprint planning, scrums, demos and retrospectives.
- Create detailed software development documentation and assign tasks to team members.
- Create pull requests and perform code reviews for peers and related teams.
- Monitor and maintain KPIs for application performance and services integration.
- Write Unit and UI tests for your code and lead others to implement as well.
- Build well-designed, modular, stable, performant native iOS applications using Swift and Objective-C.
- Mentor and guide other team members to provide oversight and direction for career growth.
- Recommend improvements to architectures, processes, technologies, and coding practices that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Strong ability to maintain focus and problem solve in a dynamic, fast-paced environment working with cross-functional teams.
- Understand DPEP architectural vision and how it helps meet technical and business objectives.
- 10+ years of software development experience with a minimum of 7+ years of iOS development experience.
- Experience working in an Agile Team consisting of product managers, project managers, design, QA and tech.
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin, XCode, Instruments, iOS UI design principles, patterns, and best practices related to application development concepts, designs, and architectures.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. The position requires frequent communication with senior leaders, technical colleagues and partners across several different geographic locations and time zones.
- Software performance optimization experience (app sizing, memory usage, CPU, scaling, battery, etc...)
- Self-motivated, quick learner, passion for consumer software.
- Experience leading teams, providing architectural and technical directions.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Strong knowledge of unit testing and continuous integration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the software development field.
- Possess mentoring and guidance skills to provide technical leadership to contractors and team members.
- Code samples in Github
- Android development experience
- JIRA and Confluence knowledge
- Experience shipping at least one app in the iOS App Store
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.