Manager, Data Product Management – SDKs & ToolingApply NowApply Later Job ID 881081BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 08, 2021
The Manager, Data Product Management – SDKs & Tooling, will lead a team of product managers developing proprietary instrumentation SDKs and tools for data capture, management, validation, and ongoing monitoring and alerting of data systems. You will help develop efficient and repeatable processes and documentation for the product management team, and help build and expand the team and product set. You will help define and drive forward the strategy and roadmap for the DMED D.A.T.A. organization. This role will partner closely with D.A.T.A. Engineering, Program Management, and vertical analytics teams to design data solutions in support of multiple key business priorities. Your team will develop detailed product requirements, prioritize features and work, and manage engineering roadmaps.
This role is a unique opportunity to work with some of the most innovative and creative brands in media & entertainment and to play a key role in developing Disney’s rapidly growing suite of streaming platforms. You should feel comfortable navigating complex and fast-moving organizations and have an ability to quickly develop relationships with stakeholders across a diverse set of functional roles. A proven track record of full product lifecycle management for data products and familiarity with data architecture, data pipelines, data warehouses, and ETL processes is highly beneficial. Successful candidates will be tenacious problem solvers who are curious about data technology, excited to collaborate cross-functionally within complex organizations and possess an ability to design innovative data solutions.
- Define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for Data Solutions & Instrumentation technology and the associated SDKs and tooling for Web, Mobile, and Living Room devices across Disney Media & Entertainment streaming products (Disney+, ESPN+, Star, Hulu) and other digital properties
- Help build and lead a team of highly effective data product managers
- Develop best-in-class product management processes and documentation to equip your teams with the tools and knowledge they need to be successful
- Manage external integrations, dependencies, and planning
- Build strategic relationships with key technology and business leaders to ensure program success
- Partner with Analytics, Data Science, Data Architecture, Data Quality & Governance, Engineering, Product Design, Technical Program Management and business teams to develop, test, and deliver high quality products and features
- Lead product team on all business readiness activities, including product planning, sequencing, testing, user education, rollout, iteration, and support
- Develop detailed product requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, and success measures
- Lead efforts to identify risks, resolve key blockers, and establish appropriate resolution paths
- Fill in gaps across roles and functions as needed, performing as an adaptive problem solver
- Champion a collaborative work environment that cultivates shared understanding, transparency, autonomy, innovation, and continuous learning
- Experience with, and a solid understanding of, technical product management principals and Agile SDLC
- 5+ years in product management with experience with building and delivering successful data products, services and capabilities
- 2+ years managing technical or product teams
- Experience leading highly complex projects across multiple functions
- Planning acumen and ability to break down work and define an MVP, as well as subsequent iterations
- Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to balance competing priorities to make decisions in ambiguous situations
- Ability to lead effectively through influence across functional and organizational lines
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment where change is the norm
- Experience presenting to and working with senior leaders
- Advanced CS degree or MBA is a plus
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, DataBricks, Snowflake
- Industry experience in video streaming and OTT
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Computer Science, Math, Economics, or equivalent experience
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.