Manager, EngineeringApply Now Apply Later Job ID 516554BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 30, 2018
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Disney Technology Solutions & Services (DTSS) is responsible for technology strategy and management, engineering, architecture, IT and technical operations for The Walt Disney Company flagship Digital Services sites such as Disney.com, Disney Family.com, ABC.com and ESPN.com. DTSS provides services in both platform engineering and web operations. Engineering Services builds and supports enterprise-wide mission critical services, such as OneID, TWDC’s consumer identity service.
OneID and the consumer identity teams provide critical consumer facing access and identification services across TWDC business units. Nearly every digital consumer experience across the company relies on OneID for mission critical business operations, including booking Parks vacations, playing ESPN fantasy football, buying products from TheDisneyStore.com and many more. OneID is involved in nearly every large initiative The Walt Disney Company has underway. If you thrive in leading engineering teamS working on complicated, critical and time sensitive initiatives, this may be the role for you!
The Manager of Engineering, Backend Services is responsible for the development and management of a set of mission-critical consumer facing identity services such as compliance, profile etc used by ESPN, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, ABC, ABC News, ABC OTV, Disney Interactive, Disney International, Studio, and other groups across TWDC. These identity services are responsible over 300 million guest and fan accounts, and billions of transactions per year.
- Leadership for the following engineering services: The API layers for guest facing consumer identity services as well as business-to-business services; core identity systems, including legal, compliance, profile and many others. These services provide all of the underlying functionality supporting the complicated business and legal rules and permutations for 255 different compliance zones world-wide.
- Managing and mentoring team of software engineers, including a mix of full time and contractors.
- Responsible for operational and functional integrity of identity services: meeting SLA’s; continuous improvement in quality and performance; developing, monitoring and reporting on key operational and performance metrics.
- Collaborate extremely closely with other engineering managers, PMO and stakeholders to deliver successfully on features and capabilities efficiently and effectively
- Managing, developing and mentoring team of software engineers
- Ability to break Status quo. Be the change agent. Evangelize best practices for continuous improvement of the services, technical stack and processes.
- 8-10 years work experience of software design and development
- Minimum 3 years experience leading complex projects distributed across multiple teams
- Minimum 2-4 years managing software engineering teams, directly or indirectly
- First hand experience designing & developing high-scale web services
- Experience in design and development of full stack applications & platforms
- Experience in design and development using object oriented techniques.
- Working knowledge of relational and nosql databases
- Expert in cross group communication, able to get buyoff from business, operations and peers.
- Experience working in agile and scaled agile (e.g., Scrum, XP, SAFE)
- Experience delivering via cloud providers, including AWS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.