Manager, ForecastingApply NowApply Later Job ID 921132BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Apr. 06, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
The Forecasting & Analytics team is highly collaborative that works in an incredibly fast paced environment. The Manager of Forecasting will be responsible for building strong partnerships across the team of managers working on other business units and stakeholders across digital product, ad sales, finance, distribution, programming and marketing.
- Leadership: We are looking for a leader who has a demonstrated past of leading analysts, driving initiatives in a fast paced environment. We are looking for a leader who is collaborative, results oriented, relationship driven and can effectively communicate complex initiatives/trends/data to stakeholders.
- Forecasting/Modeling: Collaborate with analytics teams by leverage statistical and machine learning to measure and project a user’s engagement with the Disney platforms across many KPI’s. Drive changes to the science in the forecast that will enhance the forecast accuracy.
- Partnership: Partner closely with internal and external business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, testing platforms, and data visualization.
- Data Quality: As a subject matter expert on internal/external data sources, ensure anomalies/bugs are escalated and if needed workarounds developed to ensure the data is as clean as possible, as these KPI’s will become the source of truth for various groups.
- Proven history of successfully leading a team (1+ years’ experience)
- Experience in forecasting, scenario planning, modeling
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker)
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Strong analytic skills, high attention to detail and accuracy in a high-paced ambiguous environment either in a team setting or independently
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize, multi-task and work with multiple managers on a variety of projects
- Reliable; resourceful; pro-active in approach to questions, looks for solutions and information in creative ways
- Flexible; embrace new assignments with a can-do attitude; will seek out opportunities to contribute without being asked
- Knowledge and understanding of online advertising metrics as well as web analytics (Adobe Analytics, an ad serving platform, etc) is a plus
- An understanding of online metrics including impressions, page views, episode starts and their relationship to each other is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree is required, ideally in a quantitative field
- Master’s degree is a plus
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.