Manager, Infrastructure Engineering Cloud Governance
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 727233BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 03, 2019
Job Summary:As a part of the Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, our teams are responsible for developing the tools, platforms and methodologies that deliver performant, resilient, and efficient private and public cloud platforms and architectures supporting consumer facing applications and brands across Disney, ABC, ESPN, Marvel, and LucasFilm
- Lead the development of reporting and billing analysis use cases, identifying technical requirements and business use cases for improved service delivery, utilization, and cost analysis
- Lead the development and integration of tools in support of multi-cloud platform management through day-to-day management of direct engineering resources
- Maintain, analyze, and continuously improve Cloud Service Providers utilization tracking, reporting, and forecasting
- Participate in the development, reporting, and analysis of cloud platform service level objectives
- Liaison with Cloud Service Providers, internal finance, business operations, and internal technology teams
- Lead the development and maintenance of cloud business operations key performance indicators and reporting processes
- Partner across DTCI Technology leadership to continuously improve Cloud Service Provider engagement and support
- Lead the development and continuous improvement of ongoing Cloud Service Provider and Cloud Governance performance reviews on behalf of stakeholders and Sr. Leadership
- Demonstrable experience in developing, analyzing, and maintaining Public Cloud Service Provider utilization, performance, and cost reporting
- Proven experience managing technical and non-technical staff
- Proficient in managing projects and programs in a highly matrixed environment leveraging Agile Scrum methodologies
- Experience of managing diverse stakeholder groups and competing demands
- Advanced MS Excel skills o Good working knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Recognized for capabilities in developing processes and workflows to achieve outcomes
- A BS in Business Administration; related degree or equivalent work experience
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.