Manager of Software Engineering
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 711743BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 15/10/2019
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
Identity & Access Management Engineering is a group within Disney Technology Solutions and Services organization. The group is responsible for the development and support of key foundational software components used by businesses across The Walt Disney Company (which includes ESPN, ABC, Marvel Comics and Club Penguin, in addition to the Disney-branded businesses like Disney Online, Disney Studios and Disney Parks & Resorts).
- Manages a technology portfolio in any of the core platform or media services areas, such as:
- Identity and registration
- Integration Services
- Authentication and Authorization Services
- Access management
- Mobile and Connected Devices
- Manages multiple development projects in the assigned domain
- Responsible for technical integrity of products and solutions
- Delivers robust technical products which are scalable, reliable and highly available
- Working with product managers, architects, and other stakeholders, develops product roadmaps
- Drives roadmap projects for assigned domain
- Translates business requirements into software solutions and projects
- Conducts evaluations of build versus buy development options
- Responsible for design review of projects including reviewing architecture and code
- Delivers high quality solutions on schedule using best practices
- Serves as technology representative to business units
- Troubleshoots complex technical problems
- Accountable for the management of a section of work
- Manages the execution of the operating plans of the entity managed
- Supports or has shared accountability for achieving the revenue, profit and operational goals of the entity managed
- Manages the design and development of software systems, core technologies and enterprise-wide applications ensuring that products are built, maintained and enhanced to continuously improve DTSS's competitive advantage and technical excellence
- Drives the conception of design, development, testing and implementation of software fixes, enhancements, components and/or new software systems and applications used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs using new or existing technologies for all of the Internet, connected devices, and interactive media products of The Walt Disney Company (TWDC)
- Develops highly scalable software systems and applications for a variety of high traffic functional areas such as content management, mobile & messaging, video services, identity services, digital advertising, and ecommerce
- 3-5 years of experience leading engineering teams (mentoring junior engineers, setting technical direction, etc.)
- Has advanced in-depth knowledge of / skills in the content areas of:
- Software development life cycle
- Object-oriented programming languages, especially Java
- Databases (MS SQL Server, Oracle, and other)
- Managing technical teams
- Project management, agile methodologies
- Internet and cloud technologies and technologies of area managed
- New technology evaluation
- Understanding of product customers, value proposition and market competitors
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- CISSP Preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.