Manager Software Development/SRE Engineering
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 667995BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 14/05/2019
- Lead technical staff in proper SDLC best practices.
- Lead in project proposal, architecture and design. Provides oversight to architecture design and implementation of assigned projects and may lead in the effort.
- Participate in software and infrastructure platform performance analysis, compute capacity planning, and service continuity validation.
- Collaborate with other functional teams to deliver interdependent infrastructure platform capabilities
- Analyze, design, and develop automated scripts/tools to automate operational tasks/activities.
- Coach individual employees for their professional development, and develops methods and process for measuring individual and group level performance.
- Recruits for new positions within area of expertise
Responsibilities:Lead: Leading technical staff to ensure effective execution of team deliverables
Design: Leading project/planning efforts, architectural design, engineering, attending meetings /w various teams
Collaborate: Partner with cross functional teams for affective product and platform performance
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
- 5+ years of experience leading engineering teams responsible for developing and deploying infrastructure platforms
- 6 or more years of experience in software engineering, SRE, or DevOps roles
- Intermediate to advanced coding experience with the one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, Ruby, C/C++, Go
- You should know Object Oriented Design, common data structures, algorithms that go along with them, and how to test your code
- Advanced Experience with Amazon Web Services-based infrastructure and management including, but not limited to Route 53, ALB, EC2, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Lambda, VPC, ECS, IAM, S3, etc
- Expertise in configuring, deploying, tuning, and supporting web frameworks at scale on Linux and container platforms
- Experience writing, maintaining and deploying RESTful services
- Experience with web caching and load balancing technologies such as HAProxy, Varnish, and Nginx
- Experience with distributed cache and message brokers
- Detailed knowledge of core internet and networking protocols including, but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, and HTTP
- Proficient working with Terraform, Chef, Salt, or other configuration management tools
- Proficient with version control systems (Git, TFS, SVN)
- Experience managing site content and configuration via CDN providers
- Experience integrating with CI/CD platforms and tool chains such as TeamCity, Jenkins, and Gitlab
- Experience applying security best practices to application, system, and public cloud infrastructure
- Experience integrating with commercial and open source monitoring and telemetry platforms
- Experience managing commercial and open source data platforms (relational and NoSQL)
- Experience developing or integrating Chaos Engineering tool chains or methodologies
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.