Principal Product Manager - Devices & Distribution
Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID o7H6dfwR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Hulu Date posted Mar. 18, 2021
About the team
Devices and Distribution (D&D) is a new and growing product organization within Disney Streaming Services. We’re passionate about addressing the exciting and rapidly evolving landscape of consumer devices and distribution platforms.
The D&D charter is to:
- Deliver broad subscriber reach on existing and new consumer devices
- Accelerate international growth for our services through global distribution partnerships and integrated marketing, promotion and payment opportunities.
- Drive a quality, localized experience for international users.
- Innovate on the user, device and partner lifecycle to drive incremental discovery, signup, engagement and retention.
- Influence the evolution of partner platform roadmaps to benefit and support our rich user experiences
About the job
As the Principal Product Manager - Devices & Distribution Platforms, your job is to define and drive the roadmap for your product areas, leading cross-functional teams of engineering, design and data science talent to delight users and achieve positive business impact.
Your mission is to:
- Reach customers on practically all of their video consumption devices, including those from the major Pay TV and Mobile/Internet service operators.
- Build and operate a suite of self-service tools to enable distribution partners to bring a “long tail” of devices to market, integrated with our services, marketing, promotions, and payments offerings.
- Streamline and unify device/partner lifecycle management across the company, from TV operators and manufacturers to gaming consoles, eventually expanding to all devices and partners.
- Establish a distribution partner source-of-truth and reporting system.
- Ensure a consistent user experience by certifying that product requirements are satisfied, primarily through automated workflows.
- Use process automation to apply business rules and drive uniform adoption.
In success, you would have defined and executed a product roadmap to ensure: that we reach customers on all their favorite devices, that we drive users to discover our content and subscribe to our services on their devices, and that we delight customers throughout their usage lifetime with a rich, consistent, convenient and continuously improving experience. Altogether this would result in material positive business impact, as measured in incremental subscribers and revenue.
- Minimum 7 years of experience defining the strategy and roadmap for a product or set of products, ideally large-scale consumer products and technology systems.
- Experience with the full product lifecycle, from initial concept and product discovery to ongoing innovation to optimize for product/market fit.
- Previous work with external partners and advocating for the best customer experience.
- Adept at user-centric design and data-informed decision making.
- Effectively collaborates with engineering and defines technical requirements.
- Outstanding communication skills rooted in structured problem solving with experience bringing clarity through all levels of the organization.
- Preferred experience working on video streaming, consumer devices, or similar consumer products.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.