Principal Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 923917BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Feb. 13, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
The Content Experience Delivery team builds systems that provide data at scale to teams across Disney Streaming. We implement reliable, high-request services that deliver data that helps power user experiences for Disney Streaming clients including Hulu, Disney+, Star+ and ESPN+, across web, mobile, and living room devices. We are looking for a software engineer who wants to build and operate these critical services that support all Disney Streaming users.
We're a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative and fun team, and looking forward to finding out more about you!
Responsibilities:You'll join a hardworking group of engineers who build and manage edge-facing orchestration services - powering Disney Streaming clients running on smart TVs, smartphones, gaming consoles, FireTV, Apple TV, Roku, and others.
We're passionate about data - just like you! You'll apply your experience with technologies to construct distributed, large-scale services that provide data from a variety of backend services to our viewers.
Other things you’ll be responsible for are:
- Leading cross team projects.
- Coaching and mentoring other specialists on the team to ensure that all software utilizes Disney Streaming and industry best practices for resiliency.
- Collaborate efficiently with product management, technical program management, operations, and other engineering teams to capture requirements, drive implementation, and provide transparency.
- 10+ years of related experience crafting large-scale, highly available services.
- Strong programming skills in Java, Kotlin, or other object-oriented languages, and a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, databases, etc.)
- Experience building RESTful, RPC, or GraphQL services.
- Experience using source control systems and CI/CD pipelines.
- An ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- A broad perspective on problem-solving.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to share your knowledge with team members and others at Disney Streaming.
- Experience deploying and scaling within a cloud infrastructure.
- Experience directly managing and mentoring a team.
- Deep experience designing and building solutions with NoSQL databases and messaging systems.
- Experience with Docker, containers and Kubernetes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience
Additional Information:Location: Seattle, WA; New York, NY; or Remote
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.