Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Product Design Intern, LA, Summer/Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 522464BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States; Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Parks & Resorts Date posted 02/08/2018
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Digital (WDP&R Digital) is the digital media arm of Parks and Resorts segment. Through our award-winning websites, we provide a digital portal to magical travel destinations such as the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida, the Disneyland® Resort in California and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort. At WDP&R Digital, we also have designed and created websites for Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney and Disney Vacation Club.
Reporting to the Product Design Manager, the Product Design Intern will be a member of the Design team within Walt Disney Parks and Resort Digital for the duration of their internship. We are looking for individuals who are passionate and motivated to take on the responsibility for creating the design of outstanding digital products to enhance the Guest experience.
The Product Design Intern will work alongside other designers, product owners, and developers to craft innovative experiences at the crossroads of our physical and digital worlds.
ResponsibilitiesDay in the life. . .
- Design comprehensive brilliant digital experiences with the highest quality possible
- Create detailed design specifications, journey maps, navigation flows, sketches / wireframes, visual designs, interactions and interactive prototypes that are Guest-centric
- Collect and synthesize qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions
- Contribute to further progressing our design patterns and standards of excellence, while adhering to the brand and design language consistency within and across projects
- Participate in multi-disciplinary project teams, often acting as a liaison between the Design, Technology and Product Management teams
Basic QualificationsYou Bring. . .
- Demonstrated coursework in Information Architecture, Usability, User Experience Design, Interaction Design, User Research or User Centered Design
- Demonstrated coursework in Visual Design including Typography, Color Theory, Layout and Composition
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to listen effectively, respectful of others’ perspectives and contributions, and be able to both offer and accept feedback openly
- A passion for data and the impact of design on the consumer
- Ability to anticipate and design for user needs by incorporating research and analytics
- Working experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Adobe CC, Axure, Invision and Framer
- Skills in creating design deliverables including concept diagrams, user personas, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, UI design, prototypes, annotated comps and documentation
- Solid understanding of web and native mobile technologies including iOS, Android platforms
- Experience in the travel/hospitality industry
- Experience designing branded e-commerce and transactional experiences
- Experience in motion design and/or illustration
- Familiarity with front-end mobile engineering
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS and JS/JQuery
Required EducationJunior, Senior, Graduate Level student, or recent graduate (within 6 months of the internship start date) pursuing an advanced degree in Human Computer Interaction, Web and Interaction Design, User Experience Design, Graphic Design, Human Factors, or related design fielld
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.