Senior Engineering Manager - API Services
Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Hulu Date posted May. 26, 2021
The Disney Streaming Data team is seeking a Senior Manager (Principal Software Development Lead) who will be an extraordinary addition to our growing team. As an engineering leader in Disney Streaming Data, you will lead a team of software developers and data engineers to deliver high-quality scalable data solutions and services that meet data, reporting and analytical needs of the organization. The ideal candidate will provide leadership and technical skills to develop and implement the experimentation data platform that drives the Disney Streaming experimentation ecosystem. You will partner closely with data product managers to understand requirements, provide technical guidance to the team and ensure timely delivery of quality solutions. If you are someone who eats, sleeps and breathes data and experimentation and has a deep passion for helping Disney Streaming make data-driven decisions, then this is a great role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead full-stack and backend software developers, data engineers and QA to deliver on experimentation data pipelines, datasets, and API services across the Disney Streaming business units.
- Work with data product managers and experimentation stakeholders to align experimentation metrics and methodologies
- Lead data ingestion, modeling, integration and ETL using various data stores at scale
- Develop software engineering standard methodologies, guidelines, procedures, and repeatable and scalable frameworks across teams.
- Align and drive roadmap to ensure timely delivery and acceptance of features and solutions
- Ensure operational and delivery efficiency, SLAs and lead Tier 1 and Tier 2 support for critical applications
- Lead the agile/scrum practice to ensure heath and process improvements for your teams.
- Collaborate with data and solution architects to implement high-quality, performant, scalable data architecture and information management framework
- Manage prioritization and allocation of resources to optimize delivery across teams.
WHAT TO BRING
- Proven leadership skills and ability to build, develop, and scale engineering teams.
- Experience owning the full product lifecycle from product definition and roadmap through delivery.
- Strong understanding of experimentation methods as it pertains to the full product lifecycle.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a bias to action and a passion for delivering high-quality data solutions
- Attention to detail and quality with excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Expert knowledge of SDLC, data engineering, data modeling, data warehousing, and high scalability data platforms
- Strong project management skills and experience with agile/scrum.
- Expertise in SQL, Java/Scala, Python and other programming languages.
- Excellent presentations skills to align organizations and executives.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of experience in building and scaling customer facing APIs.
- 5+ years of engineering management experience.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with large scale data processing ecosystems (Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Spark, Kafka.)
- BS/MS in a scientific field.
- Industry experience in video streaming, OTT, or gaming.
- Full-stack development experience
Additional Information:Software Development
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.