Senior Manager, Product Management – IAM
Seattle, Washington, United States; Orlando, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 770508BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 03, 2021
Job Summary:The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
This role is part of the Enterprise Products and Programs (EPP) organization which focuses on driving business value through optimization of technology platforms and strategic programs in support of business priorities.
The Identity and Access Management team is responsible for TWDC's internal identity and access product strategy and delivery. We provide strategic technology solutions in support of empowering and securing the business, workforce, and technology communities through digital transformation.
The Senior Manager, Product Management is a key leadership role within the IAM organization, responsible for managing and creating new IAM products and features that deliver business value to our clients. They will be responsible for strategy, planning, and execution throughout the product lifecycle. They will lead a team whose responsibilities include: stakeholder management, prioritizing product demand, defining the product vision, and providing leadership to cross functional teams (product, engineering, operations) to deliver solutions across the value-chain. They will also be responsible to drive business integrations to our services and create KPIs to drive the success of integrations. They will represent the voice of the customer and ensure alignment of our investments with the strategic priorities of The Walt Disney Company. We’re looking for an experienced product leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, able to strategize about the future of our products while taking both a pragmatic and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Responsible for defining the product strategy, prioritizing the backlog, and producing a 12-24 month product roadmap focused on the delivery of business value
- Provide leadership to product managers and professional staff, and is accountable for the results of multiple related teams
- Ensure alignment of the product roadmap with the strategic priorities of Enterprise Technology and our segment partners
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for a portfolio of products and features
- Deliver product requirement documents (PRDs) with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Create strong partnership with engineering for product pilots or beta programs, to qualify solutions and ensure alignment with client expectations
- Support client integrations with various IAM services for any new pattern.
- Develops departmental plans, including setting business and organizational priorities
- Lead complex, cross-functional project teams to deliver business value and outcomes to our clients
- Manages and mentors team of direct reports by providing career path conversations and guidance, and helping them achieve their goals through effective development and training plans
- Provide leadership, expertise and guidance in the Product Management function
- Provides cross-functional domain expertise in multiple product areas and business functions
- Proactively identifies partnership opportunities and licensing opportunities with external third parties
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of the competitive landscape and alternative products, able to give deep-dive presentations on the landscape
- Perform complex product demos that have direct applicability to the clients’ business problem
- Manage project and departmental budgets, providing monthly forecasts
- Partner with finance to develop product cost models and internal charge-back models
- Serve as an escalation point for difficult problems and complex inquiries
- Identify and develop product management talent
- Manage the full lifecycle of projects
Skills & Experience
- At least 10-12 years of experience managing mid-size size teams across multiple complex products for large, multi-national corporation with multiple businesses
- At least 5 years of experience acting as a Technology Product Manager
- Strong technology background and applicable technology skills
- Experience setting vision and driving product strategy across multiple products, creating enduring excitement about what is possible
- Strong communication, writing, and executive presentation skills
- Able to translate complex ideas across multiple domains into understandable strategies, requirements value statements, and business outcomes
- Experienced change agent with the ability to lead business and technology transformation across large groups of stakeholders at all levels, from end users to senior executive leaders
- Ability to effectively communicate with and manage project stakeholders across multiple levels across the enterprise
- Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrixed organizational structure
- Proven track-record of building and motivating teams to achieve well-communicated expectations
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and managing the full SDLC
- Experience working in an outsourced IT environment and building strong collaborative vendor relationships
- Thinks Strategically
- Builds Relationships
- Communicates Effectively
- Keeps Commitments
- Inspires Creativity and Innovation
- Champions Change
- Builds Teams
- Exhibits Professional Excellence
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related fields and/or equivalent work experience
Preferred EducationMasters Degree in Computer Science, related fields and/or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.