Senior Manager, Product ManagementApply Now Apply Later Job ID 735917BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 03, 2020
We are looking for a smart, energetic, hard-working, and creative Sr. Manager of Product Management with a work-hard play-hard mentality to own the what, why, and how of building and delivering new products and value to market.
- Passionate about and experienced in Strategy, Product Management and owning end to end delivery of value
- Excited to work with a diverse set of technical and non-technical users, teams and stakeholders to build the next highest value for your customers and stakeholders
- Highly technically competent with a working knowledge on technology stack for software applications. Have hand on technical background and worked on technology products.
- Comfortable managing unique and high rewarding projects in demanding time lines
- Experienced with coordinating projects co-owned by multiple teams
- An excellent judge and use your instincts in decision making and proactively and continually improves level of knowledge on identity management services and their relevant technologies
Responsibilities:Manage and develop a high performing team of Product Managers as well as dotted line management for the Sr. Manager of Product Analysis, responsibilities include:
- Manage and develop a high performing team of Product Managers as well as dotted line management for the Sr. Manager of Product Analysis
- Create and execute on a product strategy plans for Consumer Identity Services (including mission, vision, strategic goals etc.); Coordinating between a growing team of BU Customers, key stakeholders, engineers and designers to drive product plans and strategy to completion
- Understand customer needs and gather product requirements. Identify market opportunities and define product vision strategy and strategic roadmap; Prioritize the strategic high level roadmap Delivery Period and lead investment, prioritization and trade off discussions
- Build and sustain relationships with customers & stakeholders and communicate to Customers and stakeholders as well as leadership on all things product
- Identify and measure product and business metrics to drive prioritization improvements and better understand our Customer’s and Seller’s needs
- 5+ years’ work experience with direct management of Product Management teams
- 10+ years’ experience building technical products
- 10+ years’ work experience in technical product management in a software applications environment
- Proven experience in technical product management of multiple initiatives with competing priorities, multiple external dependencies and disparate resourcing
- Experience with defining and managing business requirements and outcomes with our business partners and working with technical teams to create and integrate relevant projects into that vision
- Working experience in delivering systems-level technical design at the systems interface level
- Working experience building and managing high performing Engineering teams
- Working experience communicating and working with technical and non-technical senior stakeholders across multiple business units to get things done
- High level of comfort communicating across large organizations and diverse business units
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment; relentless innovator. Challenges status quo and champions best-in-class technical solutions and problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Able to manage fast-paced projects, with strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks and respond to emergencies
- Must be able to think creatively and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Agile development approach and tools is a must! (examples: Confluence, Jira, Leankit, Trello)
- Experience with production release cycles and product planning and requirements gathering
- Strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for collaborating with high energy and focus, driving results across multiple projects
- Superior communication skills to maintain effective relationships with all levels of personnel
- Experience with product management or product design with a focus on software products and technologies
- Experienced with unblocking the team, writing shovel ready epics and user stories, and operating the mechanics of a Lean UI/UX and agile processes
- Experienced with a variety of technical architectures and environments
- Experienced with coordinating projects co-owned by multiple teams
- Have a Technical background and worked on technology products
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with managing products for software developers and development experience using various desktop and mobile app frameworks
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Data Platforms, Analytics, etc.
- Experience developing Internet products and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent hands on software development experience
- Master of computer science Science or Business, or PhD
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.