Senior Manager, Software Engineering, Analytics
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 728867BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States; Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 10, 2019
Job Summary:The Sr. Manager, Engineering is responsible for leading a team of engineers building analytics dashboards and related capabilities for Sr. Executives in The Walt Disney Company. This team is responsible for the technical design, implementation and support of the tools and capabilities used by the top decision makers in the organization for services such as Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu.
The Sr. Manager, Engineering will partner with their counterparts in the product and design organization in planning and executing on the delivery of these Executive Dashboards and analytics, ensuring usability, reliability, accuracy and timely delivery. These include subscription reports, financial metrics, performance reporting and other key areas critical to understanding the business.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in front end web development, experience as a full stack developer and will have led a team of engineers in this area. The candidate will also have experience in the analytics and business intelligence area. This team will be comprised of both full time and temporary engineers.
- Lead the team developing executive dashboards and analytics capabilities
- Hands on work to design and review solutions; develop solutions as needed
- Partner with Product Management and design in planning and roadmapping
- Provide leadership and mentoring to Solution Architects.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as a front-end or full stack developer
- Experience with visualization frameworks such as D3
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading engineering organizations, including on-shore, near-shore and off-shore
- Demonstrates expertise and leadership in working with product management, development and operations to architect innovative solutions that meet the requirements with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and realistic implementation schedules.
- Experience in analytics and BI reporting and dashboarding
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in writing detailed technical specifications and documentation for delivery teams.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work according to needs.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies through self-study.
- Must be hands on with Python, JS and SQL
- AWS Data Frameworks like S3
- Data dashboards
- Strong SDLC Management
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or equivalent.
- MS/MA degree in Computer Science or other technical field, preferred
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.